What's new

Partial Respray on Arctic Pearl Blue

tribalscribble

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 i-vtec sport
My accord is 10 years old and spend a good 5-6 years on daily trips up and down the motorway. It's picked up some pretty bad road rash on the leading edges like bonnet, wing mirrors, pillars around the windscreen. The rest of the car is in very good condition for it's age, so would like to get it sorted.

Pretty simple question, do you think it would be possible to get localised areas resprayed? As it's a pearl paint finish, I'm unsure. It's really more than I want to spend trying to fill in with touch up paint!

my cars the same colour. I had to get the bodywork section above the doors sprayed after an accident with my bikes on the roof, the bodyshop did a superb job and you cant tell any different, but to make it all match I think they endend up blending it into the rear quarters. Take it to a bodyshop but it wont come cheap

Thanks spud, I had a feeling it would be a bit of an expensive job. Many of the little spots are just white and not through to the metal, like it's the top coat, so may polish out with a proper polisher, there are a few proper stone hits though. I'll swing by a couple of bodyshops and see what they can do / options. Given it's age and mileage, I don't want to spend more than the car is worth on a new paint job, it's not a show car or anything like that.

Where you located mate. You could use the guys who painted my car recently.