What's new

Parts-Honda.uk

Hutch532

Members
Reaction score
Car
I-DTEC 2.2 EX Tourer
Good evening,
Has anyone had any experience of ordering from parts-Honda.uk? I need a few large components and they seem to have the cheapest rate for genuine Honda that I can find.

Hopefully you can share your experiences before I purchase an air con compressor and DPF from them!

Thanks,

Hutch

Yeh I agree fully. I’ve removed the DPF and it should be winging its way to Pontefract on Monday for restoring. The company that’s cleaning it will fix it or no fee and it’s significantly cheaper than a new DPF for now.

I’ll bear the links in mind you’ve provided just in case it is indeed a new DPF, cheers!

I've no DPF issues (yet) but I'd be interested to know how you get on with the cleaning. I'm still on the fence with the whole idea.

AFAIK these places will only clean the unit (and presumably save all the 'dirt' to sift for precious metals) and can't test its effectiveness once clean, so you've no way of knowing if the DFP is just worn out and incapable of keeping itself clean. Or if your engine is is the problem and overwhelming it with smoke. Or like a hoover, sometimes just in need of having all the old clag blown out and it'll work well for ages afterwards.

Hutch532 said:
Yeh I agree fully. I’ve removed the DPF and it should be winging its way to Pontefract on Monday for restoring. The company that’s cleaning it will fix it or no fee and it’s significantly cheaper than a new DPF for now.
DPF cleaning doesn't have a good record, many had it done and been disappointed. I would be interested to know how long it lasts after having it done.
I would be looking into dpf removal and remap before spending money on that.

stellamon said:
DPF cleaning doesn't have a good record, many had it done and been disappointed. I would be interested to know how long it lasts after having it done.
I would be looking into dpf removal and remap before spending money on that.

This was the route I took and would do again if needed. Costs less is a one time outlay the cleaning will be just resetting the timer on an issue that will come back.

Car is definitely improved as well as not having to deal with it ever again.

I did consider the DPF removal altogether but it's my fault it blocked in the first place. I haven't had a working Air Con Compressor for some time and didn't realise that the Air Con system was used as part of the purge on the Accord. I should also add that the company I'm sending it too don't just clean, they boroscope the internals, and afterwards split the DPF body and check over the matrix, prior cleaning (initial wash, ultrasonic clean and kiln dry) examining all aspects throughout. Also comes with a 12 month warranty afterwards, and coupled with a no fix, no fee, it seems to tick the right boxes for the time being.

I'm also cautious of the full removal in the case of MOT failures etc. Over cautious perhaps but I'm not keen on taking the risk. I'll start a new post outlining a DIY for the removal and fit of the DPF and pop any updates on there so that its available should anyone else have issues in the future.

I have come to the realisation that DPF's are a pain and doubt I'll be considering a diesel when the Accord is replaced.

Also, has anyone had any experience of Parts-Honda? Don't think I'll have to seriously consider a DPF but definitely an Air Con Compressor.

You cannot split the intetnals of a DPF on the accord. Its a single unit. I can clean these and have had success in doing so.