What's new

Passenger Front Window Switch Module Fault

Rob Cool

Reaction score
Car
mk8 Accord 2.2 Dtec
Hi all,

My passenger front window module has decided to pack up again. This happened when I bought the car (I managed to get a decent chunk of money off it because of this), I took it out, cleaned it up and lacquered it and it's been fine for over 2 years.
It is with our electronics engineer at my work to see if there's any loose connections, I am wondering if anyone has managed to figure out why these seem to go, as it seems to be a fairly common problem. As far as I can tell everything looks okay, I managed to get it to work briefly to open the mirror out so I believe there must be a dodgy connection.
If I can't find out what's wrong with it I'll buy a second hand one but it will be good to know if anyone has managed to crack down on it, if not and we manage to solve it i will post on here with pictures as to what it was etc and how to fix it. I obviously don't know if its the same issue every time but by the looks of it it probably will be!

I will keep you updated, but if anyone has any info then please let me know.
Regards
Rob

Update:

I have looked over the board and couldn't find anything obviously wrong or anything loose.

I put the module in an oven at 70 deg C for a few hours to see if drying it will help and it now works again!!
It's only been a day so not sure how long it'll go for, but everything works other than I can't control the window from the driver's controls, not a massive issue really.

This is what I did last time as well as what I mentioned above, so it could be a case of baking it to remove all the moisture, it could potentially be building up in one of the chips and every now and then needs to be dried out.

If this module affects anyone else I would recommend baking the board for a few hours to dry it out and see if that helps.

Regards
Rob

Update:
It stopped working again after a few days and I took it back out, checking the board over with a multimeter it all seems to be okay, from the +12v pin + negative it all goes to the right places etc. I did notice that the connector to the board (on the car) a couple of the larger pins, power, ground etc had opened up a bit, so I have squashed them back down, re fitted the module and it's working again.

I'm still having issues with the fact I cannot control the passenger window on the driver's switch but that's okay.

My next question, does the door loom go to a main plug in the car or does the loom just get distributed around?
I have a feeling it might be wiring related rather than the module itself...

Cheers
Rob

You'll have a big wiring block plug connection on each door loom where it meets the frame of the car. Maybe try to unplug and plug a few times

Hi
Hi all,

My passenger front window module has decided to pack up again. This happened when I bought the car (I managed to get a decent chunk of money off it because of this), I took it out, cleaned it up and lacquered it and it's been fine for over 2 years.
It is with our electronics engineer at my work to see if there's any loose connections, I am wondering if anyone has managed to figure out why these seem to go, as it seems to be a fairly common problem. As far as I can tell everything looks okay, I managed to get it to work briefly to open the mirror out so I believe there must be a dodgy connection.
If I can't find out what's wrong with it I'll buy a second hand one but it will be good to know if anyone has managed to crack down on it, if not and we manage to solve it i will post on here with pictures as to what it was etc and how to fix it. I obviously don't know if its the same issue every time but by the looks of it it probably will be!

I will keep you updated, but if anyone has any info then please let me know.
Regards
Rob
Hi Rob,

read your posts.Just wondering if you got to the bottom of the issue. Bought a 2nd hand switch worked Fine for the first day and then the same thing happened to that. I’m starting to believe it probably isn’t the switch that’s faulty.

Since the weather has not been the best you may find it is damp inside the door wiring after a night of freezing.

By coincidence the rear passenger door button of my tourer is playing up this week, as is the boot catch.

Has anybody identified the most common cause for this problem and a definitive solution?

I just bought an 09 EX and I have no power to the passenger side window and mirror. Intermittent locking and boot not working properly.