What's new

Passenger side mirror reversing functionality

Julianp

Members
Reaction score
Car
2012 Type-S i-DTEC
Hi,
I have a 2012 Type-S saloon to French spec with reversing camera. According to the supplying dealer and the documentation (catalogue and manual) it should also have the functionality that dips the passenger side mirror automatically when you engage reverse, provided that the mirror switch is set to that side. It doesn't appear to work, and didn't either on the other Type-S I test drove a few weeks earlier. Does anyone have a Type-S or other recent model with the reversing camera and have the mirror function working? Is there a configuration setting somewhere in the trip computer or nav screen displays that I have missed? Or any other quirks about using it?
Thanks,
Julian.

Hi Julian make sure your switch to move the mirrors is slide on the passenger side then it should work :)

if you don't switch mirror on left this will be not working,
I have reversing camera and left mirror working good :blush:

Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my post, even with the switch set to the passenger side (which is the right, as I live in France) it doesn't work. Looks like one for the dealer to sort out. It didn't on the car I test drove either so perhaps there is a recurrent problem here.

Then double check with the dealer that the type S has this function.
My 8th gen EX has this but the GT and lower spec models don't
Having said this the type S has almost the same spec as the EX

Agree iv got a courtesy car from Hh and it's a GT ES and don't have this.