What's new

Penta Alloy refurb

johnwynne78

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer EX 2.2 CTDI
Hi All

I really need to get my Penta alloys refurbed on my 05 tourer. it really lets the car down. one wheel is not bad the other 3 are knackered with staining from years of brake dust not being cleaned regulary by the previous owner. I saw a thread here somewhere talking about www.citypowdercoating.co.uk in Birmingham their prices are amazing quoted me £30 a rim for full refurb (remove tyres, chemical strip, blast, sand , powdercoat, lacquer, refit and balance tyres) Anyone had any experience of their work?

Very tempting as i got prices from several local firms in the Slough area and im getting quotes of £60 to £70 per rim!!!

Anyone know of any other firms in the berkshire area?

Thanks

Ginger

Sounds very good price especially for tyre removal and refitting. I'd see if they've got any samples of their work and see what feeling you get from the place.

I used citypowdercost to refurb a set civic type r alloy that had bad kerb mark and corrosion.
The job they did was so good the alloy looks band new

Oh dear I may be about to spend some money..... :)

My cars previous owner had my wheels powder coated black, and after seeing the marks which were left on the paintwork from him repeatedly running it through car washes, I was quite disappointed when I realised the wheels had gone the same way damaging the surface of the powder coat and ruining the shine. I thought they would be too expensive to have re coated and not worth the effort but £30 a wheel is very reasonable. :)

The pics on their website do look very good. I think a set of 4 refurb'd is on the cards for me. Had an e-mail back from City Powder Coating confirming the price of £30 a rim and saying it should take about 2 to 3 days to complete. looks like the car is gonna be on Axel stands for a week while i get this sorted.

Bought a set of 17" Penta Alloys off ebay that needed refurbishment

Went to city powder coaters based in birmingham who charged me £20 a wheel for a refurb.

Would highly recommend as they did a exceptionally good job!

For that price you can't complain!
smile.gif

that sounds like a good price, get some pics up mate

As promised pics below

IMAG0478.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0480.jpg

thats very good. did they just do the face, or the whole rim ?
for 30 quid its a steal!

Related question - - Anyone know the Colour Code of the Penta alloys??