What's new

PGM-FI, Glow Plug Curcuit Open

Simkin

Members
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord
I changed all my glow plugs some months ago (ORIGINAL HONDA) and everything have been fine since then.

However, the PGM-FI lamp has come back and i read out the first time; Glow Plug Curcuit Open on Plug 2 and 4. I suspect the wiring/connector, took them off and tighten the metal with pliers, put it back on and the glow plug fault code on cyl 2 seems to have gone away, but on cyl 4 it comes back.

The connector is not directly loose, but not super tight either, but i suspect this is the cause of the fault code, but really dont know how to make it tighter than it is now.

Anyone with similar issues? Are they very "sensitive" to have good contact on the glow plugs?

Hi Simkin,

have you checked the multi-plug for the glow plugs, it's fastened to the metal plate between the battery and the headlight unit.

I ask this because I removed this metal plate and the battery when trying to change a headlight bulb, and I got PGF-F1 when i had finished.

The multi-plug was not fully engaged.

Pete.

Little late reply but;

The problem was actually a lose glow plug on cylinder 4. Its tight space around the glow plug on the fourth cylinder so the socket that i used to tighten the glow plug actually got a little stuck if i put it all the way down over the glow plug, so when the plug felt tighten it was actually just touching/get stuck on the metal on the cylinderhead instead.

Had to clean out the glow plug hole as it had accumulate soot and gunk there due to the plug beeing lose, but its tighten correctly now :)

great thanks for update