What's new

Picked this up for £1100

watercooled

Reaction score
Car
Honda accord 2006 ic
So got this accord for £1100 a few months ago. Mot until May 2023 186k and she runs like a dream.

No issues whatsoever Touch screen and voice nav half leather interior which is like new.

On a long run she measured 72.8mpg lovely.

Everything works but the headlight beam is so poor is this a thing on these cars ?

Also sure it's been mapped as a 520d was right there with me if anything I was going quicker.
TIA

Last edited:
For a 16 yr old fairly large capacity engine that's great mileage because it is a great engine. Looks good in black and those Pentas make it a future classic imo, headlamps can be prone to fogging and if it has been mapped as you suspect then have fun.

Last edited:
I agree with @antdad that’s a lovely looking 7th. Great find. Personally I’d stick with the halogens because as previously stated you may fail your MOT. Have you checked what bulbs you’ve got? They may just be cheap or long life ones and simply upgrading to some Philips racing visions or similar may do the trick, and also be a lot cheaper too.

As I understand it, the big problem with using LEDs in headlights designed for halogens, is that they will not project the light in the same way, thereby leading to dazzling other drivers. Philips Ultinon claim to be suitable for halogen projectors and give drivers "light exactly where they need it on the road without dazzling oncoming vehicles", but they are not road legal in the U.K. due to current legislation. Also at £235 for a full set of low and high beams there's no fudging way I'm gonna test them out!

Jealous! I'm getting ... 38-42mpg average over a tank. 48 motorway driving...!

I found osram nightbreakers did the trick, tired amazon LED's and they obliterated the beam pattern. On the other hand, ebay HID kit fitted snuggly inside the headlight ***embly without any faf and is pretty bright - good beam pattern as well. Keeping the lenses clean is important, when mine were fogged I was getting complaints about being blinded when driving behind friends... ( and that was just with the osrams! )

(Side note, bang on, HID or LED in a incorrect housing is an instant fail...if they notice!)

So got this accord for £1100 a few months ago. Mot until May 2023 186k and she runs like a dream.

No issues whatsoever Touch screen and voice nav half leather interior which is like new.

On a long run she measured 72.8mpg lovely.

Everything works but the headlight beam is so poor is this a thing on these cars ?

Also sure it's been mapped as a 520d was right there with me if anything I was going quicker.
TIA

Very nice, Classy!