What's new

pioneer double din in 2010 model

micko

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 8th gen
hi boys.

currently i have a civic 1,8gt from 2011 and i looking to exchange it with the accord 2,0 petrol 2010. but my biggest issue with it like in the civic , is the dash/radio.

I want to here from some of you if its possible to install a double din fascia like in the civic. i have found this fascia

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects2-ct23hd15-honda-accord-2008-double-din-stereo-fascia-fitting-kit.html

but my quastion is can i get it to work with the steering wheel control. for the civic i bougth a pacth lead so it could function with the steering, is that availbe for the accord or how do you get it to work toogether.

the head unit will be a pioneer double din navigation.

sorry for my english, i am from denmark. doing my best :)

thanks for the link. nice how to witk good pics.

i contacted hondabitz about the control and they told me what i need.

I have 2009 honda accord and changed the original stereo for double din pioneer, I bought my fascia for £25 from ebay. It's ptetty easy to do it your self.

does any of you boys know if i can use my steering wheel connencters from my civic on the accord. steering wheel adapter, patch lead an antenna adapter

Is it true if you have a satnav package that this mod if unachievable?

I've read on TSX forums that if you have the tech package (sat nav package) like I have on my 2009 EX mk8 that you sacrifice the climate control/time indicator panel (where it is says 11:02 in the below picture)?

http://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/honda-accord-3.jpg?itok=6S8N-1Xj

Or is it possible to send these visuals to the sat nav screen above... ?

I really hope there's a way to retain these indicators which gaining the double din capabilities.

This is the most interesting modification I've come across for us.

You Will have to remove the radio unit. And when you do that on youre model the little display on you radio will go to. I dont know If the temp and clock will be added to the nav screen, but I dont think it will