What's new

Pleasen identify this part

drmanishg

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX
http://www1.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/slideshow/AlbumID=3861059012/PictureID=201190390012/a=99083919_99083919/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfishuk/

Could somebody please identify this part for me in the picture marked by the arrow. It is some sort of a white connector directly above the headlight ***embly on the right side. It starts to make a loud ticking noise just on flicking the key to ignition without even firing the engine. If I hold it, it stops but then starts again on letting go. It just came on suddenly yesterday as the car probably went over a bump.

All electricals working fine, power steering and airconditioning working fine. Headlights fine, levelling motor working fine as well.

Thank you very much.
Manish.

It looks to me like an electrical connector... ;)

I believe it is the connection to the headlamp level motor - Other members may be able to confirm this.

Pete could be correct if its clicking it could be a faulty relay that the white connector plugs in to.
Try taken off the connector and cleaning it with some contact spray to see if it helps.

Thanks everybody.

Honda Huddersfield thinks it is the headlight levelling motor which is shot. They didn't attempt reapiring the connection. There was no electrician available today. The headlight levelling mechanism was working fine though!

They have quoted £203 for the motor including installation. I instead got it just disconnected as I don't use it. They said it shouldn't be a MOT failure as long as the headlights are aligned correctly.

They also quoted £565 for the windscreen which is peppered with chips. I asked if it is a defect or if there has been a recall for the windscreen as it is unusual for the windscreen to be so badly chipped in less than 50,000 miles? They said not covered as it is external damage.

Thank you.
Manish.

Agree with Cliff if you dont use the headlight alignment leave it unclipped.