What's new

Pls help me locate the fuse for this light on rear cluster

nuvolablue

Members
Reaction score
Car
7 Gen Accord i-CTDI
Hi, Please help me locate the fuse for this light (2005 2.2 ICTDI UK, RHD model). It's the right hand side, driver's side light housed in the bootlid.
The picture is just from the internet, not my actual car !
The manual is not clear at all regarding this.

Please advise if it's the under-bonnet fuse box or the cabin one. And the fuse number if possible. Thanks.

I've tried changing the bulb, and it's not that.

Many thanks !!

Honda_Accord_rear_20070928.jpg

Hi Shabz

Basically that light doesn't work. It's the only one on the rear cluster that doesn't. The bulb is fine, as I've tried putting a new one in. Still doesn't work. So I'm ***uming it's a blown fuse (?)

blown fuse, under steering wheel

near the bonnet release catch

Cheer J4JAV - will try that out.............How do you pull the panel - it's quite stiff - shall I just tug hard ? Scared I might break any clips.

The panel has a grove in just give it a good pull and it will come off

Hi Yep got it thanks. (I was trying to pull the bit of trim just under the VSA switch !).

Right - now any ideas which fuse number ? Or at least the Amp size so I can trial and error those ones

Thanks to Brett and J4JAV for getting me this far !

Hi Gaz, if you look on the back of the cover you tugged you will see the fog light symbol. Not sure off the top of my head though.

Shabz - Yes I do see that symbol. But is it that one ? Even though my foglight works absolutely fine ! ?

To confirm, it's not my foglight that ain't working, it's the tail light in the boot lid.

Wow - it's tight, and dark down there in that fusebox area.

Sorry - I would try but I'm not near the car.

ok, apologise I thought it was your fog light. Right first things first which is to ensure bulb is fine?
Swap with a known working one?
Secondly check the fuses or alternatively check for power going to the rear light by using a circuit tester. Not sure which fuse it is.

However if the light next to that lights up then i'm thinking the fuse is ok, Really need to determine if there is power going to that bulb using a circuit tester

Okay thanks Shabz. Will try a circuit tester, as I've already tried swapping out the bulbs. Cheers !

Just checking, maybe a bit silly of me, but the bulb only works inserted in the right way, regarding the poles. If it doesn't work turn the bulb around and try again. But you probably already know that.
wink.gif

Just checking, maybe a bit silly of me, but the bulb only works inserted in the right way, regarding the poles. If it doesn't work turn the bulb around and try again. But you probably already know that.
wink.gif
I believe this only applies to LED style bulbs

Gaz I had a problem with the main plug in the boot of my 7th gen.
There was a loose connection in the plug so i took it apart and solder the cables together and all fine.
The plug is behind the boot arm right at the back on the right.
You need to take a few clips of and it's behind the carpet trim.

Gaz I had a problem with the main plug in the boot of my 7th gen.
There was a loose connection in the plug so i took it apart and solder the cables together and all fine.
The plug is behind the boot arm right at the back on the right.
You need to take a few clips of and it's behind the carpet trim.

Okay thanks Brett - will try this when I get a chance.

Had a nightmare this past 12 hours. Was meant to be staying overnight in Folkestone to catch a 7am tunnel crossing to take the kids (3 of 'em) to Disneyland Paris. Realised at 7pm yesterday that my son's passport expired 2 weeks ago !!
Was tempted to risk it, but my wife was not having it ! - So I had to get a passport application form from a local post office, Take the nipper to photo booth; get a mate to attest it, and then got up at half five this morning to come to Peterborough Passport Office (2 hrs driving) to get a premium same day paspport made up !!.................

Now just twiddling my thumbs while I wait for them to finish it. Will take up to 4 hrs. Then it will be a mad dash back to home to pick up wife and kids, and then another hour to Folkestone to catch (a very late) eurotunnel crossing !! Pray for me boys that Insh-Allah (God willing) it all happens as quick as possible........kids are proper excited to go Eurodisney !!!

Sorry..........just thought I'd share that random event with you all.

Okay all sorted !!

Went to try the voltmeter where the bulb connection was, and noticed that inside the bulb holder, one of the two pins was bent back, so when I was plugging it into the socket, one of the pins was not connecting !! Just straightened it out and now it's all fine !

Sorry guys - made a bit of a mountain out of a molehill with this one.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Funny how sometimes you don't think to check some of the simplest things !

Great result and an easy fix thanks for the feedback