What's new

Polishing My Car

nebitomi

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD 2007
HELLO
I would like to do polising my self by hand!
Please anybody help me abaut car polising,because not clear some thing !
I have black Honda accord ( night howk )I,and i dont know how can i do the polising my self!?

1 How can i start the polising my car ?
2 I must use ONLY black polish liquid?
3 Scratches will disapear from my car ,if i will use polish liquid?
4 What is the order of polising ?First clean my car after i use polish liquid and after Wax ?Or Polish liquid and wax is the same?
5 how is the best way to shine?
6 Any recomend liquids?

Thank you for everyone!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17

that will help

I normally wash, clay, super resin polish , extra gloss protection, seal with 2 layers of collinite. I know you can miss the egp out but it works for me and gives a nice finish. see's me good for many months.

Its long overdue though :lol:

Have a good read through this section as there are threads with all your info ;)

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/forum/27-detailing-and-car-care/

best way is:
2 bucket method wash
Clay (only 1 or 2 times a year)
polish using Auto glyms Super resin polish
seal using extra gloss protection ( do this twice)
then top off with wax of your choice.

then from then on:
wash using 2 bucket method.
Top up wax layer :)

Have a good read through this section as there are threads with all your info ;)

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/forum/27-detailing-and-car-care/
ok
but my english is not well and i cant to read well ,so just i would like to get answer for my questions!!

Poorboys is good

sorry for appearing to be rude,but you say your english isnt great which is understandable, but your able to read what we are typing, so surely reading other threads should not be an issue?

there is no 'one' perfect wax.

What are you after?
If your not fussed about the wet look then a hard wax will provide great durability and can last up to 6 months for 1 application, but they are harder to apply to the car.

Liquid waxes look great but last at most 6 weeks so durability is poor. but they are easy to apply to the car.

no the wax does not need to be the same colour as the car

If you are having a go by hand, i'd recommend:

Hand polish with Gtechniq P1 using a foam pad
Use a heavy filler Glaze such as Poorboys Blackhole or Prima Amigo
Finally Wax with a wax of your choice, loads to choose from, such as Collinite 845 is a liquid wax or Collinite 476s or 915 MDE if you don't mind a hard wax.

If you are having a go by hand, i'd recommend:

Hand polish with Gtechniq P1 using a foam pad
Use a heavy filler Glaze such as Poorboys Blackhole or Prima Amigo
Finally Wax with a wax of your choice, loads to choose from, such as Collinite 845 is a liquid wax or Collinite 476s or 915 MDE if you don't mind a hard wax.
Poorboys Blackhole IS NOT NORMAL regular POLISH LIQUID?it is for glaze?
which one is hand polising from poorboys??
if i wasing my car after which one polish liquid can i use first?
i dontd mind heavy strong job!!!!

Polish takes a thin layer of paint off and can get rid of swirls and light scratches. It is hard word by hand, but in my experience the Gtechniq P1 works well by hand.

Glaze can be used after polish to add a depth of shine. Some glazes contain fillers that also help hide swirls and scratches.

A wax or sealant is the last step and protects your paint whilst adding a further shine.

I hope this helps.

please slow down and stop throwing random questions in.

PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUETIONS:

1) how often do you clean your car
2) how long do you want the wax to last (this will go with how often you clean your car)
3) do you prefer liquid or hard wax ?

Im not answering anymore until you have answered the above basic questions as i feel this thread will go nowhere useful

please slow down and stop throwing random questions in.

PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUETIONS:

1) how often do you clean your car
2) how long do you want the wax to last (this will go with how often you clean your car)
3) do you prefer liquid or hard wax ?

Im not answering anymore until you have answered the above basic questions as i feel this thread will go nowhere useful
1 I Bought a new car 1 mounth ago!abaut 2 weeks clean my car !
2 i wana do soon next week monday i never done yet!!
3 i dont prefer nothing because i will have first time!so i dont care hard job im not afraid!!!!

Have a look on the DetalingWorld forum dude. There is lots of info on there that will be able to help you.

But personally,

1 - Wash using the 2 bucket method
2 - Claybar the whole car
3 - Polish using something like Autoglym.
4 - Then seal the polish using Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
5 - Seal the whole lot with a good quality car wax like Poorboys

Hope this helps mate.

I have honda accord ex nighthawk black. I tried AG pain restorer first the results were not that good, all the touch up paint job by scratch pen done by previous owner came out.

Luckily I used on smal rear boot. Not pleased the White powder stuff didn't come off as well as I hoped.
My car has got swirls and haze, I am aiming to do;

Detailing clay, paint sealant and then high gloss wax with durability.
I might use poor boy or McGuire paint sealent and then turtle black wax.

Any more advise?