What's new

Poly or not?

AndyHK

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Executive
I noticed that my 2.2 saloon never had a sharp/great steering since I bought it in March, it's a kind of mushy, especially when steer to the right.
Recently it got a lot of knocking noise from the back when driving on the uneven/damaged road surface, however, it is fine when roll on the speed bump.Two days ago, the front started to have noise as well......A common symptom of tired/warn ARB bushes.

I found these from a website:

http://hondaperformanceparts.co.uk/catalog/24266

What you guys reckon?
Does the FARB as easy to change as the rear?

Also, I have an old habit that change all the drop links at the same time while the wheels are off. Only thing is the Honda OE is pricey, don't want to spend that sort of silly money :unsure:

What is the alternative?

Thanks in advance ;)

+1 on Cliff's feedback. They make the ride very rough.

Oh and Meyle on the droplinks :)

r3dd3v1l said:
stick with oem unless your going on the track, brand new oem bushes are firm but forgiving, poly bushes are firm and thats it hahaha, ideal for track use tho
Already bought the Honda one :)
Now I'm waiting for the drop links arrive, so I can start the DIY

Bringing an old topic from the dust
Recently fitted poly bushes - Superpro on the lower and upper control arms. The roads in our country are in really bad condition and I'm tired of changing cracked suspension bushes, it doesn't matter what the car is - OEMs are just way too soft. These ones are harder than OEM, you could definitely feel some cracks or old pavement, but are not "track" hard, as they were developed for street use.
You could still feel body roll, but the turn in is much sharper. They are quite pricey, but definitely worth it got them from Larkspeed. If someone's intereted the kit numbers are:
SPF3072K
SPF3076K
SPF2945K