What's new

possible clutch problem

alarm1979

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 type-s
Hi guys, a few weeks ago i posted about a moan/groan when pulling away in first and got some good replys, i now have another annoying problem.
In the past few days on start up and when driving a new whirring noise has developed. Its not too loud but it is annoying me, when stationary and idling you can hear it and if you accelerate the whirring noise gathers pace aswell, but if i dip the clutch the noise goes, if i bring the clutch back up the noise comes back, its also the same when driving, for example : if i drive along at 40mph in 6th gear you can hear the noise if i dip the clutch and coast noise goes and if i were to increase the speed i would increase the whirrrrrr!.
Please help.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/532-petrol-drivetrain/page__p__4606__hl__petrol+drivetrain__fromsearch__1#entry4606

Time to change your clutch how many miles have you done?

Car has just covered 73,000 its on a 53 plate.

yup release bearing has run dry pretty standard on our cars.

Thanks CJ, i am not the best mechanically minded person but if i changed the clutch would that also incorporate the release bearing and pressure plate or are they seperate to the clutch, sorry if that sounds like a stupid question.

Its all included in Honda happiness 585 pounds i think

Its all included in Honda happiness 585 pounds i think

Cheers Brett would this clutch be ok, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXEDY-CLUTCH-KIT-HONDA-ACCORD-ESTATE-2-4-K24A3-CM2-VTEC-/390287828790?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5adef7a736

Sorry just noticed i added the clutch for the estate, the saloon one is available as well, didnt think they would have been different, but then what do i know!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure it looks like after market my advice is take it to a Honda dealer but thats me

at 585, you won't get it much cheaper elsewhere so it is much better to got Honda anyway.

Hi mate

im also having clutch problems- does the £585 clutch change include the DMF???

Scott
Scott mate do a search in diesel faults all the info is there about Clutches and DMF

That would come under "Honda Ecstaticness" :lol:

Allan what is your driving style ? are you an potter about driver or hard as nail flat out driver using the maximum that the 2.4 can offer?

The reason I am asking is as I know first hand the stock clutch was designed for an executive car not for performance..on our cars this clutch build a lot heat up and starts to kill the entire system really rapidly.

you will see poor clutch feel , clamping force reduction , flywheel warping , juddering in first gear but despite this repeated abuse the clutch can get 80 k miles out of it . When compared to type r clutch and pressure plates the difference is literally staring at your face..

So based on that you may want to look at a complete uprated system with flywheel too.

No if you dont want anything of the above stick to stock Honda set up.

Hi CJ, i work nightshift as a lorry driver so i go to work around midnight so generally i would sit at 55mph on the motorway as there is no traffic, however, starting at midnight also has its advantages of lets say "playing" with my car.
I really just want to improve the feel of driving the car as it seems really tepremental at the moment, one day it drives really smooth, the next day it will just feel like you have never been in the car before, with that jerky feeling when setting off, having to give it more to pull away etc.
The clutch that i mentioned earlier, do you think this would be an upgrade to standard or is there something else out there that would be better, also how much would a new flywheel set me back?
Thanks for your help.