What's new

Possible vibration and noise from TYPE S

gazzarose

Members
Reaction score
Car
Gen8 Accord Tourer
Hi guys,

This may be something or maybe nothing, but I think I can feel/hear something a bit different than usual.

I as driving on the motorway on Friday and I thought I felt a light vibration through the throttle pedal under very light throttle. I went away for the weekend and thought I felt a bit more than usual going up hills but the boot was full of stuff so put it down to the extra weight. On the way back home yesterday I then (possibly) noticed the car sounding a it 'gruffer' under hard acceleration when doing 60/70 in sixth. Its hard because once you start to listen for something you invariably 'hear' something, but I drive the car every day and don't think its quite right. The only thing I can think of out of the ordinary was I was pulling away from a set of lights quite quickly in 1st when a car came up fast along side me and the lanes were merging so to get of the way I accelerated hard then changed to 2nd (and it wasn't the smoothest of changes) so don't know if that could have jarred anything. Could it be a symptom to DMF or clutch? The car is on about 77k. I've done the basic checks and everything appears to look fine.

Any advice or input would be appreciated.

Regards

Gareth

The flywheel won't like hard acceleration at low RPM say under load or up a steep hill which can sometimes causes harsh vibration.

If the clutch is letting go surely you'de start to get slip so that's a good sign you haven't mentioned that yet.

Try listening for a big change of sound in neutral when you depress and release the clutch peddle, If you notice it gets significantly more quiet when pressed it could indicate flywheel is worn.

Apparently it sounds like a bolt in a washing machine lol.

Sorry of this isn't accurate information but I think I read about this all when my clutch went so just my 2 pence.