What's new

Possibly the best DAB option

neilrosser

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL9 2.4 i-VTEC Exec
PUREBeen thinking about DAB, I think this is the best option I've found.
Not cheap but looks a good bit a kit.

Honda are developing an aftermarket DAB option too that can be used in conjunction with steering wheel controls. Should not be too long now.

I will let you know as soon as its released with prices, specs etc

Lee

Thanks for the heads up mate I'm a firm believer in OEM parts only as all my mods are done to this spec.

Honda are developing an aftermarket DAB option too that can be used in conjunction with steering wheel controls. Should not be too long now.

Lee

Ok, that sounds cool.

If its anything close to the price they charge for a new headunit, then you might as well replace your car.... its generally cheaper! :lol:

I bought a DAB Highway recently with an external aerial and it was quite frankly tosh. Although it was the older version than that I can't see it being any better at receiving a signal. I'd ask around your area to see if it's OK before parting with cash if I was you. Having surfed the net for an answer the general consensus seemed to be a powered aerial at another £90. Decided to give it back instead. However for the day I nearly had a full song from Planet Rock I love the idea in principle.

Lee

frankly at the prices Honda charge (CV joints anyone?) I would hazard a guess that a DAB unit and aerial would cost the guts of 800quid or more.

anything less and i would be shocked.

Hi.
Just for another point of view, I also recently bought a Pure Highway - from Halfords - the one with the external antenna bundled. I'd read that using a different aerial to the windscreen mounted one that comes with the standard kit vastly improves the reception.
The main reason for buying it was that I was having trouble with the FM reception in the car, and I wanted DAB stations. I also bought an XCarlink AUX adaptor which I installed.
So I now have the Pure Highway which plugs in to the stereo via the XCarlink AUX in (though it worked in FM transmission mode, the signal is not as clear). I mounted the external DAB aerial behind the glovebox, as I didn't want the aerial protruding from the car, and I didn't want wires trailing in the car.
Having used it for a few weeks now (I live in London), the DAB reception has been amazing (much better than a Clarity branded in-dash DAB unit that I had in another car), and has only dropped out when in underground car parks, and once when I was the country (Kent).