What's new

Power cable for Sub

NimBoy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0SE
Hi not sure if this should go into the Modify section,

can anyone tell me how i would run a power cable from the battery to the boot for a subwoofer? Links to any guides will be helpful

fairly generic with most cars through the firewall where the loom goes through. Then under trim, kick plates, under rear seats. It's good practice to run power and speaker cables opposite sides to avoid introducing noise.

Salim said:
fairly generic with most cars through the firewall where the loom goes through. Then under trim, kick plates, under rear seats. It's good practice to run power and speaker cables opposite sides to avoid introducing noise.
Thanks mate for the reply, Do you know which side the firewall is on the driver side or the passenger side

Driver side... Above accelerate pedal.. Rubber gromit... Use your fingers and push it out towards engine.. Wire coat hanger and bend it.. Stick it through the gap then look under the bonnet behind the strut mounting and the clutch bottle... Youll see the wire hanger.. Pull it a bit more of required.. Tape your power cable to it then go back in the car and pull the wire hanger back through with the cable attached

simorfc said:
Driver side... Above accelerate pedal.. Rubber gromit... Use your fingers and push it out towards engine.. Wire coat hanger and bend it.. Stick it through the gap then look under the bonnet behind the strut mounting and the clutch bottle... Youll see the wire hanger.. Pull it a bit more of required.. Tape your power cable to it then go back in the car and pull the wire hanger back through with the cable attached
Nice One mate, Cheers for the help

Hope someone can help, I have had a look behind the accelerator pedal, I am unable to see the grommet, Any ideas ?

I can see a a yellow plastic circle Washer/(grommet )

is this what i am after ?

I stuck a picture up a while ago.. Its futher down the pages... Was asked to stick a pic up of power wire for sub.... Thats the topic name mate

They came as an optional extra from factory... There good mate.. Especially when going in the garage lol