What's new

Power Steering Pulley

Accordaz

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda CRV 2.2 i-DTEC
Have just bought a 2nd Generation iVTEC Stepwagon which looks like the same engine setup as my Accord, except the Stepwagon is a 2 litre

2010-06-18_112150_2010-06-18_052038.png

the problem I have is that the Power Steering Pulley is bumpy as it turns around; its tight though, but very bumpy, and does need attention before the bearings no doubt break up, so has anyone else had this issue, and is it an inexpensive fix?

Honda want to charge me just for a 'quote' :(

Power steering pump is easy fix, first, you need to find out what is wrong, sorry I don't know what bumpy means in your description, do you mean the belt isn't smooth rotating? There shouldn't any unsmooth going on when the belt rotating, how do you feel when you turn your wheel, have you check your belt, also, check the PSF too.

the top pulley looked out of shape; lumpy, and a little bit noisy when turning over, but I had the power steering pump parts replaced, and fitted @ Honda for £238 and all's hunky dory now! :)

From honda that isn't bad price but if the pump pulley had warped, then just change the pulley with good one, anyway, good for you sorting it out.