What's new

PRE VEHICLE INSPECTION RESULTS

danny35

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Auto
Hi guys, I have posted this on one of my posts in the general chat section but thought it would be more appropriate here.

I had a pre vehicle inspection carried out on a 2005 2.4 Exe Auto and the results were not great unfortunately. The mechanic said that there was a lot of corrosion visible underneath the car, particularly the exhaust and under the suspension. He mentioned that the the wishbone would also probably have to be changed. There are also signs of some impact damage to the front and back bumper which has not been patched up well, though the traders selling the car have promised to respray it.

I would really appreciate some feedback on the average corrosion to expect on an accord of that age. I am a bit concerned that this may be a common thing on Accords and would appreciate feedback from any accord owners with a similar aged accord. Should I be concerned as I don't want to find another car and pay a mechanic if this is a common issue that will show up on all accords of that age.

The summary of the report is below:

• Overall summary: Car does have a lot of corrosion underneath suspension components exhaust, subframe etc driver seat slightly worn, alloys need a refurbish, has been touched and past repair front and back bumper, on test drive it drives excellent no concern, some water drips where fan and radiator could be a leak but under trays fitted so cannot inspect and drive shaft on driver side covered in oil could be from oil filter change which is just above it

As with anything used, you're taking your chances, even more so if you haven't seen the car before.

Personally I wouldn't buy a car I'd never driven without budgeting to throw 4-500 quid at it to repair any issues.

The problem is that all the decent priced cars seem to be way up north.

danny35 said:
The problem is that all the decent priced cars seem to be way up north.
Danny

welcome to the site, your original post was sufficient, no need to double post

If you have doubts with a car then maybe you should look at another one. A little travelling for the right car isn't such a bad thing.

You have to remember one thing though, its a car that is over 10 years old so it will have a few little niggles. Wear and tear is expected

Hi Guys,

Well I have found another Accord to buy, this one is a 2004 reg 2.4 Auto. I am going to get a pre inspection done again but have noticed a few things that need changing. Can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay for the following work (with labour from independent garage)?

1) Rear Reflector Light has cracked glass and needs to be replaced.
2) Nearside and Offside Suspension arm rubber bush need to be replaced.
3) Both Front Brake Pads (not discs) need to be replaced.

Thanks!!