What's new

Premium Sound Question & Outside Temp Gauge

ScoobyDoo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Auto Est 2.4
Hi there

I have a 2004 2.4 Tourer Exec Auto. Love it to bits. Not had it long and getting to know her. I prefer older cars to newer stuff.

It has a pretty old Nav system as standard, premium sound setup. I don't like it much, quite fiddly to use on the move and it seems you have to have all the kit installed just to use the HVAC system. I thought I got hold of a non nav premium sound unit although after fitting seems the A/C compressor no longer engaged though everything else worked fine so I put the nav setup back in and the A/C compressor now kicks in again. I have a Grom USB3 for added audio inputs (would not recommend this company btw quite a shady outfit, well the UK part anyway, from my experience). Now I have one question and one issue after this swap attempt;

1. Is there any way to put the non nav premium unit in and get the A/C compressor to work? After trying what I did it seems the activation of the A/C compresosr is intergrated into the control unit somehow.

2. My outside temp now reads about 10deg C lower than what it should be. It was working fine before the swap attempt. It was about 10deg C outside but when I put everything back to normal the outside temp showed -1deg C almost like it has re-calibrated to 0. After driving for a bit it went to 0 so seems it is working but out of cal. Is there a whay to re-calibrate/initialise the outside air temp? I know of a way to make minor corrections but I believe that is only limited to a few deg +/- wheras mine seems to be out by 10deg.

Thanks

For the first question i don't know the answer

The second
The outside temp sensor can be calibrated manualy trough the navigation computer.
Put your ignition on, press and hold the two buttons on the lower/right side of you steering wheel ( info and reset/select )
After few seconds on the LCD display of the speedometer will pop up the navigaton computer menu.
Use your steering wheel controls to navigate in this menu.
You should be able to find the temp sensor setup easy

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk

Hi Jan Accord

Thanks for quick reply. I am a little unclear on the buttons you mention.
On my steering wheel I have;
Left side: Vol up/down, Ch up/down, Mode
Right side: Cruise, Cancel, RES/ACCEL, DECEL/SET

I have a INFO button on the Navigation unit but no reset/select button (or do you mean like 'back' button)

I know there is access to Nav diag menu holding MAP+MENU+BACK but there is no option there to calibrate outside temp sensor.

I try to add pictures for ref of my steering wheel and Nav unit but I'm not sure it will be added to this reply. How do i attach images to post?

Thanks

Possibility the unit you bought came from a diesel accord ? I know the wirings different and the ac will not engage when fitted to a petrol model

Andyjdmteg said:
Possibility the unit you bought came from a diesel accord ? I know the wirings different and the ac will not engage when fitted to a petrol model
I was informed it was from a petrol but I guess with 2nd hand you can never tell...........

No problem

cff3e9f329adc214e4b3d4358d15bc16.jpg

On the right side the lower buttons ( info and sel/reset) push them and hold for few seconds

Ps. This is not my pic...it's from google

Jan Accord said:
No problem

cff3e9f329adc214e4b3d4358d15bc16.jpg

On the right side the lower buttons ( info and sel/reset) push them and hold for few seconds

Ps. This is not my pic...it's from google
Ah I see you have later version of this model, mine does not have those additional buttons on the steering wheel. I think they were added after 2006? for versions with trip computer on the dashboard display.

Thanks

What an idiot am i...the trip computer not navigation...i'm sorry but my english knowledge is a bit...hope you understand :)

Uff...for the prefacelift models i have no idea...did you try to check the owners manual?
I find that for my car in there

Jan Accord said:
What an idiot am i...the trip computer not navigation...i'm sorry but my english knowledge is a bit...hope you understand :)

Uff...for the prefacelift models i have no idea...did you try to check the owners manual?
I find that for my car in there

No worries Jan, we all do it <_<
I didn't find any calibration info in the owners manual but I did find the correction calibration info in a service manual type pdf I have for the USA market but that only adjusts -3 to +3 corrections. Nothing else I could find in the service manual apart from how to test the sensor and the wiring colours, resistance range of the sensor etc. Looks like the sensor is pink wire, pin 12 on the HVAC panel connector and pin 15 red/black common sensor ground.

Try contact the user Freddofrog on the forum.
For what i know he is the answer which you are looking

Thanks Jan.

Strange, when I went out late last night the outside temperature was reading normal again, maybe it just needs time to stabilise? will keep an eye on it.

Regarding issue '1' I checked the part number of the unit was sold to me (non nav premium) and it is 39050-SEF-E620-M1, doing some google checks it seems this is from a Diesel! arrghh seller told me it was from a Petrol............ I think the unit I am looking for is P/N 39050-SED-E210-M1 which I believe is for a Petrol, premium 6CD non nav.