What's new

Probably a daft question but

TheDarkOne

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 1.8 VTEC S
Probably a DAFT question, BUT can you add a cd changer to any stereo??
Tired of listening to radio, and old cassettes are not really cool anymore.

Can i just add any cd changer or would it be easier/cheaper to get a new stereo which plays mp3?

*edited due to txt speak*

cheaper to buy a new stereo that plays MP3's. It will sound better and be easier i the long run.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_788123_langId_-1_categoryId_165474

We put a cd/mp3 player in our 6th gen when the cassette gave up the ghost, you can or could get them with bluetooth for the phone also.

i have bought such a thing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290419743519?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

its very cheap and quite good sound quality (comparing to radio). I'm connecting my phone (with nav) to it so I can listen music and hear nav sound through speakers :)

Hi Linas,

I got one of those...but the sound is not really good, and there is a bit of noise coming from it. It serves its purpose at the moment...until i get something else

Probably a DAFT question, BUT can u add a cd changer to any stereo??
Tired of listening to radio, and old cassettes are not really cool anymore.

Can i just add any cd changer or would it be easier/cheaper to get a newstereo which plays mp3?
If you take out the cubby hole above the ashtray you can feel up the back whether your radio has a socket for a changer. If it has you can fit one or you can fit a XCARLINK which plays mp3 off a sd card or memory stick. If you get the bluetooth phone attachment it also works as a hand free through your speakers. no need for changer hundreds of songs on one card. it is plug and play.

I would change it to a CD player with mp3/aux reader included, but if tape with the wire doesn't sound great then you may have bad speakers too, they do deteriorate over time, so be prepared to think about a speaker change too in the future.

also I can highly recommend this too!! works brilliantly http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Car-Tunecast-Universal-Transmitter/dp/B002S8AFE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340298368&sr=8-1

also I can highly recommend this too!! works brilliantly http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Car-Tunecast-Universal-Transmitter/dp/B002S8AFE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340298368&sr=8-1

+1 I have one of these and cannot fault it at all. Works brilliant.

Paul

CDs are so passe :lol:

spekaers are find when i play radio or cassettes. but when i use the cassette adapter i need to lower the bass to 0, and lower the volume on phone but increase on stereo. its ok, but not ideal.
I think i will go with a cd mp3 player.
With regards to bluetooth...where does the mic go and is every stereo compatible or not?

If you have the standard Bose cassette player (model 2sa1 in think) then you can connect an Alpine MP3 cd changer to it.
Thats what i have done as i wanted to retain use of the standard amp and sub.
You need a few adaptors for it to work as the changer is ai-net and the standard changer cable is m-bus.
You also need an adaptor for the Bose cassette to recognise the Alpine changer.

does anybody knows in which honda models BOSE CD player(not cassette) goes in? These are 1:1 compatible stock wiring in our accords.

Linas the later exec ,mode4ls have them mate, as dp the later Type Vs.

Darko if i were you mate i'd get myself a HU that has a USB port of the front. That way you can play either CDs or plug your MP3 device/iPod/Phone into that socket andplay through that.

If you were to change the HU to an aftermarket item, then all you have to do is buy an adapter block for the car. Aftermarket HUs have a set 'pattern' of pins on the rear same as standard HUs do. So all you have to do is buy an adapter that says 98-02 Honda Accord on it. They are available from Halfords or most motor spare esc places.

I take it all stereos are the same dimensions (i.e all single din's) and should be a easy task to swap?

Simon, i take it when you say HU, u mean HEAD Unit? :huh:

hahahaha. Yeah sorry dude. HU means Headunit mate.

All single dins are the same-ish dimensions and won't be a probem to change. When buying an aftermarket headunit they will be sold with a 'cage' that you slot into the gape left by the old one, and then just push the tabs out mate.