What's new

problem after replacing battery

bikerman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport
Hi

Went to see my sister in law on sunday, 200 mile drive so took the accord as it doesn't get used that much.... give it a good blast I thought

Got there fine, no problems. Went to start it next morning, battery dead... oh s****.... bump started and went to nearest halfords... £95 for the cheapest battery! wtf are they trying to do, gimme a heart attack!! lol

so phoned around got one for £73 fitted (still too expensive if you ask me... but it's been almost 10 years since I bought a car battery...)

Anyhow, I have entered the code for the stereo no problem, but my driver window no longer goes all the way down and up with a single button press, I have to hold the button in... any ideas how I can get this to work again?

Cheers

Easy fix, close the window fully and keep pressing the button for a few seconds. After that, it should close normally ;-)

Open it all the way down then keep the button pressed for a second, close it right up then keep the button lifted for a second, and it should be okay.

Sorry for the hijack , Ok I have yhe same prob yet I have tried the press and hold both ways but still dont do anything any ideas

Glad you got it sorted. It sorts itself out after about a day anyway.

Hey richie32

what i did was hold on the button till the window went all the way down, then kept it down for 5 secs... then did the same for up, holding it for the extra 5 secs...

worked a treat