What's new

problems

airt

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 diesel
Hello all I have a big problem with an Accord 2.2 diesel in that it wont start when it should, sometime after turning it over until the battery is nearly flat it might start and after warming it up it wll not start.Honda have had it on the machine and came up with 5 faults that are not related to this problem. Is there a filter in the diesel tank of the Accord 2.2 diesel. Thankyou for any help you might be able to send me.

Have tried squeezing the fuel bulb and is it hard? if not do this before trying to start, the fuel filter may be blocked or the fuel is running back. When switching on let the glow plug light go out and the switch off then back on again and let the glow plug light go out again then try to start. If this does not work then I am out of ideas, but someone on here will surely be along to ***ist.

Most likely causes are a weak battery and/or diesel filter that needs renewing.

The filter is in the engine bay, but is awkward to get at; Surprised Honda have not come up with more related suggestions - which dealer is it? Do you have another nearby - perhaps the other NI'ers can help here?

Do you have another nearby - perhaps the other NI'ers can help here?

Choices are really Donnellys in Belfast or Donnellys in Ballymena or Donnellys in Dungannon or possibly Saltmarine!

Art, if you've been to Donnellys in Belfast, I'd recommend Ballymena instead I've found them more "professional".

Do you have the codes they came up with? 5 faults are quite a few to have on there. Can you tell us anymore about your problem? Also details of the car, how many miles, age etc. Could be something like glow plugs? How does it drive when you do get it started?

Choices are really Donnellys in Belfast or Donnellys in Ballymena or Donnellys in Dungannon or possibly Saltmarine!

Art, if you've been to Donnellys in Belfast, I'd recommend Ballymena instead I've found them more "professional".

Do you have the codes they came up with? 5 faults are quite a few to have on there. Can you tell us anymore about your problem? Also details of the car, how many miles, age etc. Could be something like glow plugs? How does it drive when you do get it started?

thanks to every one for the replys the car is 06, Honda think it might be injectors,after changing the fuel filter the car started and went well for a short time there is 39000 miles on the car,it was donnellys in belfast.Is there a fuel filter in tank?

It won't be the injectors at that mileage mate. Sounds more like fuel filter related. It may just be the filter is incorrectly installed or needs bleeding/water draining.

AFAIK there is no filter in the tank. Agree with Fahad don't think its the injectors. Where have you being getting your diesel lately?

When you say the car went well for a short time, do you mean it ran ok then started to run badly again? Did Honda change the filter themselves and I wonder was there any water in the filter?

AFAIK there is no filter in the tank. Agree with Fahad don't think its the injectors. Where have you being getting your diesel lately?

When you say the car went well for a short time, do you mean it ran ok then started to run badly again? Did Honda change the filter themselves and I wonder was there any water in the filter?

thanks for the reply ,the car started ran normally switched it off and it wouldnt start Honda fitted new filter as for water in it I dont know they wanted to put new injectors in

It's hard to help like this mate. You either need to get the error codes read and tell us what they are or try a different dealer. I can't see it being injectors, and in fact you will be the first guy I've heard of that needs new injectors - especially at such low mileage.

Art, as John said above I think the first thing you should try is squeezing the priming bulb to make sure it goes hard. The fact that it seems to have started ok and ran ok after the filter change would suggest to me that its something along the fuel line, def not injectors if it went ok after the filter change. You can also disconnect the fuel line going into the filter and try squeezing the bulb again into a container to make sure that the fuel is getting to the filter ok. Then work towards the engine from there.