What's new

Pulsating/vibrating clutch pedal

Shiresy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Tourer
Ok I was out in the car this evening and suddenly right out of the blue when I placed my foot on the clutch pedal I got this pulsating/vibrating feeling through the pedal, best way I can describe it is it felt like when you feel the abs kick in on the brake pedal but less violent, the car drives fine and no slipping in the clutch, so when I got home a sat in the car with the engine running in neutral, I rested my foot on the pedal and I could feel the vibrations as soon as I depressed the pedal the vibrations disappeared but then a clunking sound could be heard, when I released the pedal the clunking stopped, so I went for a short drive while I was driving I rested my foot on the pedal and could not feel anything, as soon as I took my foot off the accelerator the vibrations were there, when I put my foot back on the accelerator the vibrating stopped, the clutch was replaced at 113k it’s currently on 131k, it’s been suggested to me that it could be the release bearing that’s failed or maybe a warped clutch plate.

Any Ideas

happened to me few months ago, Was told that its a flywheel issue and had to replace it.

Yes Dave I had it looked at today and it’s looking like the DMF has had its day, it’s getting done this coming week

Well it’s in and nice and quiet again, my flywheel was totalled looked like it had been locking up then freeing off, but I don’t think I did too badly on the job, I had a LUK flywheel and clutch kit fitted new transmission fluid and while it was in bits I got them to put me a pair of stabiliser bar rubber bushes in, total cost for everything inc fitting was £840, just needs bedding in now

I've been having the same issues recently too, interestingly when I did the exhaust manifold replacement in the winter the noise seemed to go away for a while... perhaps that was just coincidental.

Either way it's back and worse than before. It's fine when on throttle, but when off throttle it's bad. As Paul said, when pressing the clutch there's a big vibration, but I'm also getting some pretty serious noises when the car is just idling.

I'm going to to take a look at accessing the clutch / flywheel to check for damage and wear.