What's new

question about Honda OEM Sport suspension

dinoc

Members
Reaction score
Car
2008 Accord Type-S
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in this Honda OEM Sport Suspension kit 08W60SEA600B .
But for some reason this kit does not appear on Honda accessories dealer internal website
for the 2.4 Type-S CL9 (mine is a 07) only for 2.4 Executive.

Any idea why this kit might not be suitable for the Type-S ?

Im sure its the same A spec suspension for the type s as well as the EX model.Give HH a call as these kits are often on special offer.

Any idea why this kit might not be suitable for the Type-S ?
My understanding is that the facelift Type-S (i.e. 2006/2007) already is lowered by 15mm compared to the 2.4 exec and the kit is not longer compatible/available?

Looking at the UK brochure it does state that the type s in all grades had sports suspension as standard.... wonder why Honda Ireland didn't get that??
http://www.scribd.com/doc/71149204/Honda-Accord-Saloon-7th-Gen-Facelift

All grades for the facelift did get sports suspension. But it wasn't as aggressive as the A-spec on the pre-facelift (only 15mm versus 40mm)

I've been trawling through a load of suspension threads and can't seem to get a definitive answer...

What I've established:
Pre-facelift: Type-S and Exec the SAME suspension
Facelift: Type-S got the Sport suspension which is 15mm lower

Did the Exec get the same suspension change or was it just the Type-S that got the changes?

Quince

The facelift Type S in UK got sport suspension as standard but only 15mm in the difference. The reason I queried above, was because I always thought my car looked like it was on stilts prior to the A-spec kit.....

There are 3 basic differences in the A-Spec kit afaik.

One for Manual Transmission, one for Auto and one for diesel.
08W60-SEF-600 Diesel Option - All models
08W60-SEA-600B Manual option - Type S 2.0/2.4 Ex 2.0/2.4
08W60-SEA-600C Auto Option - Type S 2.0 only, 2.0/2.4 Ex

This is facelift info I asked my Dealer about ages ago prior to me purchasing my kit....

Seems there was no change to EX suspension then. Thanks for clarifying.

Quince

I have Honda Access Sports Suspension (A Spec) on my 2007 CL9 Ex, and it has lowered it 30-35 front and back. But looks so much better than that huge gap.The ride is firm but not un-comfortable.