What's new

Questions about the overhead ambient light

Nasty1984

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL7
Friend of mine showed me his 8th gen accord 2.0, wich was an awesome ride. On the overhead maplight console he had a blueish ambient light, shining on his dash.

Does anyone has pictures of this? Or even a partnumber or a price? My 7th gen has footwell lights in the same oem color, and i want to match the overhead ambient light with it.

Thanks

Its just in the map light console. Its blue on most models, red on the GT models.

Have a look on Lings at the parts diagrams, or speak to Holdcroft honda.

Might be cheaper to just modify yours with a blue LED.

richsprint said:
Its just in the map light console. Its blue on most models, red on the GT models.

Have a look on Lings at the parts diagrams, or speak to Holdcroft honda.

Might be cheaper to just modify yours with a blue LED.
I've searched on the Lings site, but couldn't find an Accord with the light fitted (part number wasn't active) :(

I fitted my own and they glow orange on my 7th gen. Cost about £5 in total including wire and resistors

Nasty1984 said:
Hello, is it possible to put the image itself in te post? Link seems to be dead
As the others said, just pick up and LED on Ebay and fit one yourself. Link seems to work. Doesn't show much, just a box that costs £76...

Thanks for the advice guys. I've illuminated the cupholders with blue leds from ebay, but the color blue is totally different then from the oem bulbs in the footwell.
The Accord is a decent car, and i rather don't mix up 50 shades of blue like it would be in a nightclub.

Guess i'll just have to wait for an 8th gen coming up in spares.