What's new

quick how to on replacing the dipped beam bulb on the driver's side headlamp

jacko lah

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 ictdi
The ironic thing about this is the bulb hadn't gone, but the connection to the earth was dodgy, but hey.

So there I am staring at the white or grey plastic cover which with a torch I've managed to find and drop so that my fat fingers can not touch it, the only tools I have in the car at an 11 mm open ended spanner , with the word kawasaki on it and a pozidrive or philips stanley screw driver. I put my fingers to the back of the bulb but realise that in the dark, I'm going to make a hash of it, and figure that to get the cover back on I'm going to have to take the headlamp out. The light starts working so I'm spared that task, so attempt to slide the cover back up, which results in skin being removed. I decide to drive home, and the following morning I realise the spout of the washer fluid fill tube, is removable, and the 11 mm kawasaki spanner will fit the bolt, and allow the top 3 or so inches to be lifted outa the way. This gives my fat fingers enough room to reach the cover, and refit it.

Now I just need to take the bulb that I didn't use and has a completely different connection so wouldn't fit, back to the motor factors where I got it.

Hey Mark.

Yes the drivers side bulb is a bit of a pain to get access too :D.
if you think fitting a normal bulb in there is hard... wait till you try and fit a HID bulb :lol:

I've seen a few people on here saying remove the washer fill tube by removing the bolt but mine just slides to right and comes out without removing the bolt, is mine the only one that seems to do this?

I think for all slides;-)Probably some don't know

Seem to remember mine just sliding out of the way too. Which made the fact that the job was still a total PITA even more annoying :lol:.

I found out the hard way (and after skinning my hands raw!) that the washer bottle has a detachable filler piece! As you look at the washer bottle, on the neck you'll see a moulded ridge. This is where the manufacturer joined the main bottle body to the filler neck. Give it a good twist, and it comes away! So once you've undone the 10mm bolt holding it onto the metal bracket, you can then remove the neck part all together - it's just a push-fit to put back in.

You end up getting loads of hand room to work, without the need to employ an emaciated greased up 9 year old chimney sweep to do it for you. Anyway, they're in surprisingly short supply down our local job centre!

I've seen a few people on here saying remove the washer fill tube by removing the bolt but mine just slides to right and comes out without removing the bolt, is mine the only one that seems to do this?
the top of the washer bottle tube will easily (can't quite remember how but i know it just unclipped or something) come off without removing any bolts to give much better access