What's new

Radio backlight out

h1coupe

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord estate 03
Anybody fix this problem in a euro accord. Found a bunch of instructions for the us accord that has the same looking dash and this seems to be a common issue but after disassembly I can see that the units themselfs are different so the fixes don't help? Searched but can't find any fix or thread about this issue in the euro.

I thought it was the US LED type displays that had the issue, is yours normally backlit in orange with black segments or is is quite black with white LED style segments? I recall when I tested one on the bench here in the UK if you hold one of the buttons down for more then 3s it turned the backlight off then you can turn it back on again by holding the same button. But that was on the UK Orange backlit style units. If it's one of those that has actually failed I did read somewhere it was something to do with a SMD fuse on the PCB or something.

I don't know how it was backlit, just bought the car and it came like this. So it could be just turned off?

I do believe it's the orange one going by memory of the other accords I've owned but like I said don't know the colour of mine.