What's new

Radio Code Found

thecat

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I bought my first Honda last Thursday, an Accord 1.8 Vtec sport, have been very happy with it apart from the radio having lost it's code, I have trawled the inter web looking for retrieval software etc... to point where yes, I was going to sell car due to having no radio lol..... I didn't want to pull the dash apart to pull it out for serial no's etc to get it decoded, even visited my local Honda dealer in sunny bolton, who were very unhelpful and basically ignorant (won't be buying from them if I'm ever in a position to buy a new car due to that one experience).

Anyway, knew it had to be in car somewhere, so long story short, was under the ash tray.... Very happy man again, so just thought I would pass it on for anyone that suffers the same frustration as I did, or do you all know this already & are now laughing at me lol.....

Interesting, what was it under the ashtray? on a piece of paper or etched in? Would be surprised if this was a factory thing as it would defeat the purpose of the code.

Good to hear yours is sorted though, you can always change the radio aswell rather than sell the car :p

Nice find! Gonna need to have a look there, not that I need it because its etched in my brain due to the frequency of disconnecting the neg cable lol.

I'm am sure they are unique to each unit but the code for my unit is printed on a sticker from factory under the ash tray, glad i found I it to, as I was about to pay £20 to find it out....

AndyB1976 said:
Nice find! Gonna need to have a look there, not that I need it because its etched in my brain due to the frequency of disconnecting the neg cable lol.
Going to etch mine on the brain to, worst 4 days of my life with no music lol.....

I have a look and see if there is a code under my ashtray.

I haven't been able to listen to music from my ipod for over 2 years as the last car I had that had a aux connection was the E90 320d and my old Type R was so loud that I couldn't hear the radio.

exec said:
Interesting, what was it under the ashtray? on a piece of paper or etched in? Would be surprised if this was a factory thing as it would defeat the purpose of the code.

Good to hear yours is sorted though, you can always change the radio aswell rather than sell the car :p

Yep was on a sticker from factory, seriously would have been easier to sell it than pull dash apart to fit a new head unit lol

Its ok I don't think radio thieves will be interested in our 6th gen OEM radios, they wouldn't be worth more than a few quid.

lol why is that? Im not remotely dodgy.

What was that Jon, you want your stereo nicked and your car keyed? Yep sure no probs :ph34r:

Lol, i dont even look remotely dodgy. You only have to look at my profile pic to see that. :blink:

Pulled out my ashtray, there is a sticker on the underside but it doesn't look like a radio code.

Superman001 said:
Pulled out my ashtray, there is a sticker on the underside but it doesn't look like a radio code.
Mine was a sticker with 2 sets of no's on it and the shorter no' turned out to be the code, as for radio theft, that is so mid 90's lol.... The toe rags have moved on a long time ago from a car stereo theft, bigger fish to fry in this day and age I'm afraid...

Yes like identity theft and cloning bank cards.

The ep3 shape civic code is one the side of the glove box.

Checked mine the other and the sticker has been removed, although not a problem as its written on the Honda documentations. On my Dad's Accord he had a four digit code which is probably the code, so he can now go back to using the original radio! Thanks for posting this info, very helpful.