What's new

Rapid constant ticking noise

mossyman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Estate
Hi. Any one had a fairly loud ticking noise from the engine up by the fuel filter? Does it without engine running - just the ignition on. Sounds like a stuck relay. It's a deisel 2.2 cdti...... Cheers Guys!

Ian can you give more details.
Like when the car does this hot or cold or all the time.
Is it when driving or on tick over.The more details you can give the better understanding members will have.
By the way welcome to TA

Ian can you give more details.
Like when the car does this hot or cold or all the time.
Is it when driving or on tick over.The more details you can give the better understanding members will have.
By the way welcome to TA
Hi Brett. Yes it has just started doing it. The motor does not have to be running - just the ignition on - hot or cold. It will carry on when the motor is running too. Sorry - my mistake - I meant to say up by the OIL FILTER !! Doh!

Hi. Any one had a fairly loud ticking noise from the engine up by the fuel filter? Does it without engine running - just the ignition on. Sounds like a stuck relay. It's a deisel 2.2 cdti...... Cheers Guys!

I had the same issue when I got my car.
I had a search around and found a short video of the noise (inadvertently caught when making a video of my hid installation)

Faddy and Carl advised it was Battery issue so I put a new Bosh S6 AGM battery in and I have not heard it since.

Check the video linked below and see if its the same sound.

Accord -Faulty Battery ticking

it might be worth putting this link in the Faults section.

sounds like a sticking relay, remove each one and put back in might solve it. Does it start ok?

sounds like a sticking relay, remove each one and put back in might solve it. Does it start ok?

Found the culprit !! It's the motorised headlamp adjuster!!! Must just have deceided to pack up! Rolling the beam adjuster dial silences it for a time then the clicking returns. Need anew one I guess!! Thanks for all the tips.

:lol: FOUND IT !!!! Faul;ty headlamp adjuster! YIPEEEEE! Thought it may have been ABS unit (ouch - Kerching!)

Found the culprit !! It's the motorised headlamp adjuster!!! Must just have deceided to pack up! Rolling the beam adjuster dial silences it for a time then the clicking returns. Need anew one I guess!! Thanks for all the tips.
Good result Ian and good feedback.If this crops up again we no now where to look ;)

nice one, did you mean oil filter then, because the fuel filter is located at the back on the bulk head. If it is from the bulk head could still be a relay if theirs one controlling the adjuster.

nice one, did you mean oil filter then, because the fuel filter is located at the back on the bulk head. If it is from the bulk head could still be a relay if theirs one controlling the adjuster.

Yes - I did mean the OIL filter - DOH! Glad it's sorted !