Rattle knocking noise over bumps

moh

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda integra DC2
Hi guys

Im wondering if you can help please

My car is making knocking or rattling noises when driving over bumps or potholes

It feels like something is knackered or loose

Its coming from the front

So far i have changed the ARB droplinks and bushes but its still there

The car in question is a Accord Type S tourer

Any help please

Thanks
moh

exhaust shield has been taken off im sure

also the rear arb links and bushes have been replaced

but this noise is coming from the front of the car

il have to double check about the exhaust shield

thanks for the replies guys

Mine did that when I bought it, it was the front upper A arms which were not correctly tight :ph34r:

hope your main front compliance bush isn't kaput or on the verge of being kaput. If that breaks i wouldnt want to be a passenger in your car!

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/3214-mot-failed-compliance-bush-on-lower-front-wishbone-collapsed/

well guys looks like it was the heatshield that was rattling

and blue guru also noticed that both compliance bushes are almost knackered so should do them tomorrow

ive got the following to do tomorrow so should feel better once done

front arb bushes
rear arb bushes
front compliance bushes

just waiting for delivery from hendy performance

thanks guys for your help
moh

Nae bother bro, good job gettin them done now since you're gettin other stuff done too.

guys im also getting this problem on my 7th gen accord. Ive taken it to 3 different garages and told them the noise only appears when its uneven road, they check the arb links and arms and say they cant find anything but its definitely there...so what you guys think it could be? its from the front driver side for definite

guys im also getting this problem on my 7th gen accord. Ive taken it to 3 different garages and told them the noise only appears when its uneven road, they check the arb links and arms and say they cant find anything but its definitely there...so what you guys think it could be? its from the front driver side for definite
As mentioned it could be the heatsheild or the front engine mount.

I would say its the heatshield of the cat take both top and bottom covers of the heatshield off

The reason they rattle is mainly due to rust and become brittle and loose

I changed the following anyway as it needed it but the rattle and knocking noises was due to

Heatshield
Front compliance bushes x2

So replaced these and now is quiet :D

I do have one brand new oem compliance bush that i didnt use which i will hopefully end up selling as i dont need it