What's new

Re-circulation & auto

crolandc

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
57 acc-2.2ictdi est
Hi, this might just be me being a bit thick and not seeing it in the handbook but ive noticed that sometimes when I set off the auto air temp and recirculation light are on together even when I have not touched the recirculation switch, when I knock whichever switch off they both go off and when I switch either on they both go on!! Other times they behave normally, is there a fault or am I missing something? I realise that if auto is on it will go off when you alter anything, but as said above they sometimes seem to want to be on together or off together! hope this makes sense :rolleyes:

Its normal the auto sets it this way because recirculating the air is the quickest wau to cool the car

Yup as Brett days. Next time it does it increase the temperature and dependent on external temp it will go off at a certain temp. If you knock it back down to a cooler temperature it'll cone back on. Normal operation.

It does mate ;).

It is the AC unit trying to match your set temperature quicker - you'll notice it when the temperature is high outside more as it is easier for the AC to recycle the air making the most of the coolness it has generated thus far. As the internal temp gets closer to the target the recyc switches off and you get fresher air coming in. Unless you have a huge temperature difference to deal with.

Im not sure cliff but probably.
I don't think mine does this but its the same in winter the car will warm up quicker but you stand more chance of the windows misting up