What's new

Rear Arms.......?

AndyHK

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Executive
I was in the tyre shop and wanted to get the 4 wheels alignment done, however, the mechanic said the rear wheels bushes and bolts are completely seized and rotten, and they came as part of the rear arm, so I need to buy a pair of new arms with new bolts, otherwise it is impossible to do any adjustment. More worse is, they are only available from Honda and quite pricey.
Is that true? No other alternative?
And what is the proper name of the rear arm?

Look into the Ingalls adjustable rear camber/toe kit - lots on here have them inc me - very reasonable price and very good quality. Images on my gallery thread ;)

freddofrog said:
My car is 2.2 mate

Shocks are fine, only need arms. But after a Google search and the link above, apparently there are 2 different arms, one is Camber arm, the other is Trailing arm, I guess I need the Trailing one as it attached with bushes

is your car a diesel saloon (CN1) or a diesel Tourer (CN2) ?

rear suspension on the Accord saloon is multi-link (that's in the diagrams in the link)

rear suspension on the Accord Tourer (estate) is conventional trailing arm (go to the Lings site and find the diagrams for Tourer as the suspension is very different)

Honda also make one to correct uneven wear but the adjustment is still fixed. I would invest in the adjustable aftermarket sets.

My car is the saloon (CN1)

The first 2 links aren't working, so I used the third link and search the diagram, it shown that No. 11 Lower arm, and No. 15 Trailing arm.....
I'm guessing that I need the latter one with new bolts