What's new

Rear brake bind please help

Left the paperwork at work and not working till Friday, but all you have to is give your local Honda dealership your reg and they will order you the right part.

43022-SED-E50

that's for pre-facelift tourer, same part number whatever the engine, probably the same part number for facelift tourer

I had the same problem with binding rear pads after changing them for new ones bought from ECP([SIZE=11pt]part number 101601549)[/SIZE]. It was so annoying I even joined here just to report the same as you. I had the brakes stripped several times to try and work it out. The pads I got shipped had the dimples on the back and the geniune ones I replaced them with don't. The other differences were the metal tabs on either side of the pad were 2 mm smaller and the ecp parts did not have the metal strips that hold one of the pads into the piston.

[SIZE=11pt]The rear pads I just bought from Honda Dealer are part number 43022-TL0-G52 and fit lovely.[/SIZE]

I have a 2009 accord tourer diesel not sure about pre/post facelift though, only just bought the car.

I have ordered new calipers, slider pins and flexi hoses for my tourer, I am sick of these binding brakes so replacing the lot!

The discs are genuine Honda and are around 9mm thick, I think the minimum is 7.5mm so they should be ok, there is no lip on them. I'm thinking of replacing the pads though, which ones have you guys bought that are for the tourer but cheaper than Honda?

Is the raised dimple on the photo above the only difference between the tourer and saloon rear pads? Only one side has been binding but I'm hoping to reuse the pads for now, apart from the edges being red they look ok.

16191781564_93c971129f_c.jpg

This is the good side.

16788257006_af6296ecd6_c.jpg

Yes mate but also make sure the sliders are nice and free too. Clean them up and grease each slider.

Cheers mate, I cleaned the sliders and pads again on Saturday, plus re-greased them, again! The disc is still hot and smoking so definitely a hose/caliper issue in my case.

how easy did the pads fit ?

sometimes you need to file them down a tad at each end (no joke)

I have been having my rear brake caliper bind, however this would only happen when brakes hot and used frequently. I am planning to have calipers overhauled, new braided hoses, new brake fluid and new rear discs with pads. Any other suggestions ?

As from my research the common problems are;
Brake hose
Binding Caliper
Caliper Pin
Master Cylinder
Brake Fluid

Are you sure the pads are moving freely I had to grind a tiny amount of mine as the were sticking. The old ones had rusted in place.

I will check when new pads are fitted last time was fitted by garage and didn't check closely bit late for that now the pads are almost completely gone.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I will check when new pads are fitted last time was fitted by garage and didn't check closely bit late for that now the pads are almost completely gone.

i am going mechanics today and will strip down and see what issues are going on.

Found o/s caliper seized and n/ s not working perfect am ordering a refurb from brakeparts.co.uk and will report back as will be replacing rear discs, pads and hoses at same time.

Hi people,
Just an update replaced both rear calipers from brakeparts.co.uk and pads from trw system was bled with new brake fluid and wow the brakes are amazing better than when I bought car.