What's new

rear brake issues

Rasta1980

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 1.8i sport
hi guys , i am a lv2 mechanic , but still learning if u know what i mean , i came across a little problem while changing my rear pads and discs , the handbrake had seized on the left hand caliper not only that but one of the caliper sliders had seized and snapped when i tried to remove the caliper , i believe ive sorted it now but i am looking to replace the caliper , the slider was the worst part i had too drill the back of the caliper mounting bracket so i could get a 6 mm punch into the hole too force the slider out then i cleaned out the slider hole then i plugged the whole i drilled with a 6.5mm metal plug ( ok i dont advise ppl to drill holes in a closed cylinder but money was an issue having just paid out for new discs and pads ) then i bought new sliders ( ebay £ 15.95 ) put it all back together then went to work on the handbrake lol after 20 mins working it and using a releasing agent finally got it working something like it should be ...
just a note i got this car as a driving project and im hoping to have it looking like i want it too over the next few months but ive noticed parts are hard too come by and can be costly but im gonna try ......

so if anyone comes across this problem this is one way to solve it for a quick fix but replacing the parts is a much more practical way of doing it ....