What's new

Rear brakes nightmare!

boletus1973

Reaction score
Car
accord tourer ictdi
hello guys, I'm the owner of an accord tourer ictdi 2004, the car has 190kkm and I write from Italy.
I come now to the problem, for several months trying to fix this problem that the rear brakes remain locked .. first of, discs and pads have been replaced, but the problem continued, not every day but often ... the last week been replaced both calipers with Nissin original remanufactured parts and pads (honda said that the calipers were replaced to solve the problem), but the problem is still here and is worse! both brakes remain locked, and if I stop on a slight downhill I should not even push the brake pedal, the car is standing still !!
if anyone have any thoughts please let help me because here in Italy no one seems to have the solution !!
Thanks so much!
fabio

This has happened to me several times, including last month where the pads on one side wore down to their metal backings. It is usually the pads themselves sticking in the slots in which they move in and out. You need to file or grind them just enough to make sure that they can move freely and grease them lightly with silicone grease.