What's new

Rear bumber not clipping on

danny35

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Auto
Hi guys, I took my car to a mechanic that I use (not anymore) to replace a broken rear drivers side and he was being lazy and tried to remove the light without removing the bumber. He broke the light fitting plate in the process and used it to fit the replacement light, even though I had given him a new plate with the fitting. He then had to remove the bumber which he only did half way. The light is now further in then it should be and the bumper near the light fitting is not clipping in correctly and is sticking out a bit. It looks like he may have damaged one of the clips perhaps.
Would getting another competent mechanic to fit the light fitting with the new and unbroken plate resolve this? Never going back to that mechanic. Lazy s**t

TBH the bumpers are pretty resilient to knocks, etc (hence their purpose). A clip could have been broken of course, but possible he just made a mess of it. Did you try re-mounting properly first?

Hi Jayok, I noticed that my light actually was not working as well so ended up taking it to another mechanic yesterday afternoon. The original mechanic had not even plugged in the lights. The garage yesterday sorted out the lights and the bumber by banging out the boot from the inside. It had an impact which had made the back drivers side of the car petrude in so the bumber was not able to connect properly to the clips. Looks much better now.
Never going to use that old mechanic again though after his shoddy work, so now need to find a decent mechanic for the future.

Great - you're sorted. That's the main thing! :)