What's new

Rear Door Speakers

richardw

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 ES GT
Please excuse this stupid question, but not having owned an Accord before I don't know if this is normal or not.

I have the 2.2 ES GT model, not sure if there is any difference, but I have 2 speakers on the rear parcel shelf and, what I presume, is 2 in the rear doors. Are the ones in the rear doors supposed to work, or are they just cosmetic faceplates with nothing behind then, being replaced by the speakers on the parcel shelf ?

Thanks for any advice before I make a fool of myself at the dealers.

I have an 05 executive with speakers in all the doors and on the rear shelf. Don't know what the differences between trim levels would be but all the speakers in mine work.

EX has 8 speakers (premium sound system) anything bellow has 6 i believe. The two on the parcel shelf are 6x9 subs on the executive.

The door speakers are all mid range and the only tweeters are on the dash. Both standard and premium systems are not very good imo.

Hi Rich. If the stereo says " Premium sound system " by the gear knob then the door speakers in the back should work. Due to the failure rate of these speakers non Honda garages just rob speakers off other cars to repair faulty ones when customers complain.

The door cards are quite easy to take off so I would just have a look as Im sure the wiring will be in their to add some speakers anyway.

After watching this useful video I can now take a front door card off with in 4 mins. The rears are just easy.

The two on the parcel shelf are 6x9 subs on the executive.

On my EX GT I have 2 6x9's with a speaker in the middle of them which I presumed was the sub.? Is it another centre speaker then?

Mine does not have the premium sound system as it is a ES spec and not an EX but I would have expected there to be speakers in the rear doors. My car is an ex demo so could have had the upgraded parcel shelf speakers fitted and maybe they have robbed the ones out of the rear doors. I will ask them when I take it in for a service next.

I have a petrol type-s and it appears I do not have rear door speakers. I have removed the rear grills on the shelf and found some paper speakers there, which I will be replacing with some aftermarket 6x9's. For those with the premium sound system of 8 speakers, is there a seperate amp driving the 6x9 subs you have mentioned in the rear shelf? If so where is it, as I want to check if mine has this amp pre built in or not. Cheers!