What's new

Rear Fog Light not working

wahabishtiaq

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2006
Hi,

I have my accord rear fog light not working from last few months, earlier i thought it could be fuse blown. I bought new fuses of 7.5a and get under the steering to fit new fuse. But to my surprise when i pulled the old one it was still intact.

Tried new fuse and ........ no response. When i switch the light on i hear little click which i ***ume means relay is working. Also i went to check if there is current in connections. On testing with a simple tester it showed current in both wires i.e live and neutral. It seems to me its a wiring or connector problem.

Any one faced similar issue, and did a DIY to resolve it? Please share your valuable knowledge and experience. I will really appreciate your valuable sharing.

Many Thanks

You could try and scratch/sand the connectors on bulb socket and bulb to remove any oxidization. If you are using a bayonet fitting, try a little foil around the bulb collar. Also try another bulb to make sure your existing bulb is healthy, swap a bulb with your current fog bulb, i.e., try your fog bulb in a different socket

Are you getting +12v at the bulb holder with the switch turned on?

I'd start there and if you don't get a reading then move back through the circuit.

finally got mine fixed.

it was a badly fitted towbar loom, the light had just been left off the circuit somehow

i got a local car stereo place to trace and fix the fault, its all wires and plugs at the end of the day, and they were only £45 per hour