rear link arms help!

Plumber

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 I- cdti
Hi,

My car has been lowered ( ruff guess 60 - 70mm
I have bought front and rear camber kits, front no probs all done.
But the rear I am having problems removing the lower rear and lower center link bolts on the chassi side,
I've used a whole can of wd40 and all my weight all be it not tht much and it still won't budge.

The center lower arm nut is seized solid,

the rear lower arm bolt is seized in the bush but the one side has a nut tht is welded to, a blate too stop it turning I'm guessing, is there any trick too getting it off if not,

does anyone know the bolt sizes too replace them so I can cut it out.

Help is very appreciated

Rich

I've managed too get all links off and new one on.

The only way we found tht we coyld do this was too use a 9 inch disk cutter, bow this may seen a bit over kill but the snall disks wouldn't fit between the markets.

So we cut either side if the bush and knocked tht out the too remove the outer parts tht were stuck on the brackets we heated them up and knows them through with a punch.
Know for the center lower armstge cutting is tge same but the bolts are welded too tge bracket so with this one we heated them up again and using a pare of mole grips turned the bolt out.

Now replacing thte bolts was simple apart from the threads are quite fine on the originals so we had too re tap thenut so tht the new ones would fit.

Hope this helps a little bit.

I will try and get a mire detailes description up with some pics soon.