What's new

Rear passenger footwell carpet wet through

Wayno

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0i Vetec
Hi guys have any of u ever had an issue with the drivers side passenger footwell carpet being wet through?
The rear window was all condensates up on the inside the other day so I had a dig around and the carpet under the rubber Matt is drenched. I can only presume there is a hole under the car that's letting water in.

2.0 I-vtec 2004

I have the exact same problem (behind driver's seat)... the door/opening seals look perfect and I never see trails where water has come in.

I'm really interested to see if anyone can explain this problem!

Check the drain holes at along the bottom edge of the door by poking a small screw driver or something similar up into the drain holes/slots to clear the debris and check all others while your at as the chances are the door/doors are filling up and spilling over, there should also be a clear plastic sheet / membrane between the door card and door , so might be worth removing the door card to check that is sealed around it's edges with mastic. often found that if cars have had accident damage to a door the repairers either don't fit the plastic sheeting back properly or don't even bother fitting a new one back on if they've had a new door skin etc.
Cheers Pete

Thanks guys, I've booked it into a Garage on Monday to have a look at but after reading that other post that Matt put up I'm pretty sure that that's the problem.
Think I could do with replacing all the window rubber seals at the bottom because when any of the windows have rain on and u wind them down then back up to kind of clean the window, well in the Honda that doesn't work on any of the windows which is a bit rubbish if u ask me.

I had the same issue on another car, meganne and it turned out to be the sunroof drains to be blocked at the sunroof end. Check all possible drains

It might be worth giving the windscreen seals a good check. My inital symptoms were a swimming pool in the back. It turned out it was coming from the windcreen, down the front passenger footwell and into the back of the car. The rubber seal around the windcreen wipers had come away front the glass and the water was finding it's way into the car. The water wasn't making it to the drain hole.

I just got some black silicon sealer from the local auto shop sealed it up, made sure the water was going to the drain hole properly. Problem solved. Took a good while with 1kg dehumidifier bags under carpet to dry it out but has been fine since.

This was after an expensive trip to the main honda dealer, who couldn't find it, called and implied ihad just left the window open on a few occasions etc. If you want a job done....do it yourself.

Hope you get it sorted

I would have never have even thought about it coming from the windscreen.
Anyhows mine is now fixed for now thank god. My handle on the outside was loose and had been since I owned it so we think the water was coming in from there.
My mechanic took the door card off as I showed him the pictures from the link above regarding the membrane and the bottom of mine wasn't sealed either.
He said it looked like someone had been in there before and not sealed it up properly.
Only charged me £20 for doing it as well ;-)

Result mate, hope that sorts, also as said don't forget to check those drain holes at the bottom of the doors just in case these are blocked.
Cheers Pete

http://youtu.be/4t4mzMS-ZZ8

View the video, can help with helping to dry out cabin. Works well in all vehicle/caravans