What's new

Rear quarter window on 8th Gen tourer

Cal44

Members
Reaction score
Car
EX GT 2.2DTEC
Hi,

I've had my Accrod Tourer ES GT for just over two years now.

In the colder months when using the rear de-icer to get the frost off the rear screen I notice that the rear quarter panels do not de-frost despite having the wiring in the glass. Are mine simply broken somehow or does anyone elses not work either?

I've checked for blown fuses etc but cannot find any that need replaced and dont fancy starting to do anything more intrusive incase I make a mess I can't fix.

Not a huge problem really but just annoying if they are supposed to work instead of just being there for no reason.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe that the wiring is your aerial for radio hence not working for defrost.

The top 3 or 4 lines in the rear screen in the saloon is the same, integrated glass aerial.

Thanks Mr Honda, so does that mean that both sides are used for aerial purposes or do you think that Honda placed it on both sides in order to balance the look out a bit?

Hi Calum

One side is for FM the other is for AM, hence they look slightly different if you care to look!

Regards

John

I have never noticed that but I'll be checking it out later now!

That's why I like forums so much...always something new to learn and people willing to help.

Cheers