What's new

rear seatbelts - are saloon and estate the same?

phil the greek

Members
Reaction score
Car
'05 accord tourer
Hi y'all

My '05 2.0 accord aero/avant/tourerdeck/estate thingie failed it's mot today on a couple of things:

Front suspension bushes - they're on order and will be fitted by the garage.

Rear n/s seatbelt has a massive chunk taken out of it (gawd only knows how, maybe got it caught in the door), so I need another seatbelt. Now there's plenty available from breakers, but I know I'll need to take the seat out, dismantle it and put the belt inside it.

Can anyone tell me if the Rear n/s seatbelt is the same in the tourer-estatedeck as it is in the saloon?

Also, I've seen a nice set of leather seats from a saloon - anyone know if they'd fit my Avant-station-wagon estate?

Cheers chaps

thanks - phil

phil as a guess i would say there the same but someone hear can confirm this.

Thanks Brett - are you talking about the seat belts or the seats? cheer - phil

Thanks Brett - are you talking about the seat belts or the seats? cheer - phil
Seat belts mate.Even though the seats are different in folding down on the tourer i cant see the seat belts being different.
Don't hold me to this as i might be completely wrong but i'm just going on Honda practicality here for saloon and tourer.

Have you had a look on Lings at the part number?

Will you let me know how much it costs to change the bushes aswell please? I think mine need doing.

Will you let me know how much it costs to change the bushes aswell please? I think mine need doing.
I've been quote about £230 - all in - local garage is pretty reasonable - they've bought the bits from a Honda dealer. This lot charge about £50/hour for labour. Dunno whether that includes 20% stealth VAT or not - will provide detail when I get it done.

The really irritating thing about the seatbelt is that my son told me it was like that when I bought the car, which means the place that MOT'd the car the day I picked it up either missed this or turned a blind eye to it - massive chunk of seatbelt missing. :eek:

I know from trying to get seat belt extenders that on my 03 tourer the front seat belts are different from the rears and the outer two rears are different from the centre, so five seat belts and three different designs - so much for Honda standardisation! Anyway, if it isn't too late I'd play it safe and go for a rear n/s seatbelt from a tourer.

I know from trying to get seat belt extenders that on my 03 tourer the front seat belts are different from the rears and the outer two rears are different from the centre, so five seat belts and three different designs - so much for Honda standardisation! Anyway, if it isn't too late I'd play it safe and go for a rear n/s seatbelt from a tourer.

You cant standerdise a seatbelt though can you ? the physical material will be the same but they are 'handed' for each side. there is no way a left handed belt could ever work on the right hand side of the car as all the mounts would be back to front.

Managed to get a used N/S rear belt from a tourer. should arrive tomorrow - I managed to get the old belt out yesterday - what a faff! those seats is complicated! Anyway, I am now the world authority on removing rear seat trim. Also have a pair of ring pliers arricing tomorrow to help put the seat trim back properly.

I can confirm categorically that the rear seat belts for a Tourer are different to those from a saloon.

How do I know? because the breaker I bought a belt from, who ***ured me they had belts from both the Tourer and the Saloon has just sent me a seatbelt for a ****ing saloon!

I can confirm categorically that the rear seat belts for a Tourer are different to those from a saloon.

How do I know? because the breaker I bought a belt from, who ***ured me they had belts from both the Tourer and the Saloon has just sent me a seatbelt for a ****ing saloon!

awww man that sucks. idiots. :rolleyes:

You cant standerdise a seatbelt though can you ? the physical material will be the same but they are 'handed' for each side. there is no way a left handed belt could ever work on the right hand side of the car as all the mounts would be back to front.
I meant the buckles, not the entire belt - compare the length, width and hole position of the metal bit and you'll see the difference.