What's new

Rear Shelf 3rd Brake Light

Blue Guru

JDM Oz
Reaction score
Car
CL9 Accord Type S
Hiya, is it possible for someone who's car uses the 3rd brake light in the shelf to pop open the boot and let me know which way the harness goes. Im sure the colours im lookin for are BLK and BLK/WHT. Basically ive removed my spoiler from the car and the bodyshop forgot to dig out the wiring for the shelf brake light. If someone can point me in the right direction, either towards the drivers side, or the passengers side i'd be grateful so i dont have to strip both sides down and hunt for it. Also if someone could confirm the wire colours that'd be great too.

Much appreciated
Oz

The wires you're looking for are a solid black wire and a white wire with a black tracer. The original wire is just long enough to just reach the original 3rd brake light. The boot spoiler 3rd brake light uses an extension wire which starts at the original 3rd brake light clipping into the original wiring plug then heads back to the rear seats then towards the right (drivers) side then into the boot.

Cheers buddy, i found the original plug about 4" behind the rear shelf brake light. I unplugged it from the 2nd part of the spoiler harness, looped it over the boot torsion bars and plugged it straight in. Despite being 8 years old the bulb still worked first time, lol