rear suspension has slightly dropped

vile

T A Terminator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4 Manual
Guys most of you no i tow a caravan :rolleyes:
Ok this happened to my 7th gen as well the rear suspension has slightly dropped.Before you say it lol its the caravan your probably correct.But my argument is that the spec says in the owners Manuel the max tow hitch weight is 75KG.
Now i regularly check this with an approved device for this purpose and the weight nether exceeds 55KG.
So i am well in the correct limits.
My question is do i go to the dealers and ask for a warranty claim on this ?If this is covered what's to say this will happen again.Iv had the car now for 7 months and this started about the 4th time after towing and haven't got any lower.
What im thinking the Accord suspension is not doing what it is meant to and not fit for the job or is this just a normal thing and im worrying over nothing.

I would imagine there is a an acceptable range of settlement of the springs which will vary depending on use. It would all depend on how much the springs have compressed, I would suggest if your worried mate get it checked out whilst your in warranty.

I would imagine there is a an acceptable range of settlement of the springs which will vary depending on use. It would all depend on how much the springs have compressed, I would suggest if your worried mate get it checked out whilst your in warranty.
Good point i have a B service in 40 days which i will take the car to the dealers for this.
This is the code on the VSR so will ask the question.I will prob go to HH as this will be the biggest sevice yet at least i will get a good answer to this question.

Way I see it - if you have a warranty, use it. :)

Worse they can do is decline. If you dont seek, you wont get...

Yep very true mate but I would like a reason why from the dealers more than anything

Hi
I also tow a caravan (nothing to be ashamed of their :D). For 27 years i have only towed with Honda's and have never had a problem with rear suspension. My early Accords had a limit of 50Kg nose weight but i had a 2.4 7th gen which was a lot better at 75Kg. But their is only two of us in the car, the back seats are empty but the boot was full with Awning, Poles, Groundsheet, and my Cadac BBQ. So its still not much different to having a fully loaded car with 4 of maybe 5 passengers without the Caravan. I now have a 2.2 8th gen tourer and the disappointing thing with this is I could get more Camping "Stuff" in the saloon with the seats up than I can in the boot of this tourer. and its a bigger car. The worst Accord was a American 3 litre Auto Coupe.
Rubbish.

Thanks Gary for the info i will deff mention this to the dealers.Its not dropped much i would say about 1" but i can notice it.

Take it back Brett and get them to fix it, it's within warranty

Cheers Shabz will do I rang HH today for a B service so will get them to have a look.
Also there is another small Accessorie or shall I say two to be added to my car lol keep you guessing