What's new

Rear Upper Track Control Arm on Tourer

wolverine5pl

Reaction score
Car
Toyota Avensis
Hey guys. So just found on my tourer 2004 Mk7 that i need new Rear Upper Track Control Arm.
Any idea where i can buy it?
Tried ebay but cant seem to find any? someone adviced to just get ball joint and find someone with press and just replaced that bit,

Attachments

• 94744280_10222549518626626_4897650803625426944_o - Copy.jpg
    94744280_10222549518626626_4897650803625426944_o - Copy.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Don't know your year or model ( says you've got a toyota avensis so wrong forum ) but this looks similar\;

Last edited:
Forgot to add details. one you paste in its for older accords from what i read on internet. Apparently there's no replacement for tourers to buy besides from honda directly which is around 200 quid:(

Sounds about right, you can buy a ball joint service kit from flea bay for about £40 or so. They are not great quality but they don't have to be, I've been using one to replace the bushes on my front lower track control arm.

Something like this, do double check it has the sizes you need.

Also found this...which is described as lower control arm but matches part number for upper.

I've used Autodoc a few times and they have been incredibly reliable, for less than a £100 delivered it might be worth it. If you know somebody with a press you can obviously do it alot cheaper if you just have to get the bush and ball joint in.

Last edited:
Should be ok, if not quite the right size collars for extraction you can always thump out the ball joint (cutting off the swivel first) and cut/burn out the remaining bush which in my case was an easier thing to do . All you really need is a larger coller when it comes to pressing in your new bush and ball joint which I think are 38mm & 45mm diameter respectively.

Last edited:
Looks like a good find that. Not sure I'd be attempting bush replacement at that price as it's a ballache without a press

I agree with you in principle, in hindsight I also wish I'd bought a complete front lower control arm rather than feck around replacing bushes with a make do press kit but it's only a smallish bush and a ball joint for the OP and removal and refitting of the arm should be straightforward.

Nice try but look at the pic in the OP's first post. You had me going there but after much checking that part is for the saloon even though the ebay listing says the Mk7 tourer is compatible. The Mk7 tourer has trailing arm rather than the saloon's multi-link where the upper control arm is swept and formed rather than made from straight bar I asume to withstand greater loads and allow more boot space. I believe your mk8 + tourer handles better than mine as they opted to use multilink and coil overs for the rear end too but again sacrificed boot space for the privilege.

Saloon Sport 07

B__2900.jpg

Tourer Sport 07

B__2900.jpg

Tourer 2010 ES 2.2

B__2900.jpg

Last edited:
problem is lots of places describe them as for tourers but they not. even talked with one ebay seller and i had to tell him he had wrong description. dunno if that part fits. ordered bushing and some tools to press it in/out so gonna try myself first

Nice try but look at the pic in the OP's first post. You had me going there but after much checking that part is for the saloon even though the ebay listing says the Mk7 tourer is compatible. The Mk7 tourer has trailing arm rather than the saloon's multi-link where the upper control arm is swept and formed rather than made from straight bar I asume to withstand greater loads and allow more boot space. I believe your mk8 + tourer handles better than mine as they opted to use multilink and coil overs for the rear end too but again sacrificed boot space for the privilege.

Saloon Sport 07

B__2900.jpg

Tourer Sport 07

B__2900.jpg

Tourer 2010 ES 2.2

B__2900.jpg
exacly. and problem is you can't buy anywhere one for tourer except directly from honda for 170+ quid

Don't think you saw it earlier, there's a unit from autodoc for less than a hundred which looks to be the correct one. By the time you spend £60 + on parts and that service kit it may have been worth it.

Sounds about right, you can buy a ball joint service kit from flea bay for about £40 or so. They are not great quality but they don't have to be, I've been using one to replace the bushes on my front lower track control arm.

Something like this, do double check it has the sizes you need.

Also found this...which is described as lower control arm but matches part number for upper.

I've used Autodoc a few times and they have been incredibly reliable, for less than a £100 delivered it might be worth it. If you know somebody with a press you can obviously do it alot cheaper if you just have to get the bush and ball joint in.
check this arm on amazon and it saying it doesnt fit which based on what i have researched is correct. dunno if theres difference in size/dimension between saloon and tourer

Thought you'd ordered all the gear?
I have bushing and tool to press it. But still need to unscrew it which may be difficult ans apparently need to be careful when pressing it in not to bed the arm