What's new

Rear window heater bars

Hutch532

Members
Reaction score
Car
I-DTEC 2.2 EX Tourer
Hey all,
The series of bars in the back windscreen for demisting and heating are split into two, with a set of three at the top. When the elements a initially on, the lower set heats up defrosting/misting the lower section, whereas the top three don't work at the same rate, if at all. Anyone with the same issue? Not sure if it's knackered or just an energy saving measure. Minor issue I know but it bugs me!

Thanks again,

Chris

Hey all,
The series of bars in the back windscreen for demisting and heating are split into two, with a set of three at the top. When the elements a initially on, the lower set heats up defrosting/misting the lower section, whereas the top three don't work at the same rate, if at all. Anyone with the same issue? Not sure if it's knackered or just an energy saving measure. Minor issue I know but it bugs me!

Thanks again,

Chris

the top 3 are for warp drive ;)

No, really they are for picking up the radio signals.
Ever wondered why the accord has no aerial?

Hey all,

Thanks again,

Chris
There not heater elements there your aerial for the radio :lol: Don't worry i asked the same question years ago ;)

Have recently noticed the bottom four bars on my tourer rear screen don't work :( Top three do though.

Thought my aerial was on the rear side window?

Hopefully an inspection with a magnifying glass and some silver loaded paint will fettle it.

Don't I feel a prize......silly person :p curious though I have always wondered where the aerial was, not like I've owned the car that long *2 years cough*....

Have recently noticed the bottom four bars on my tourer rear screen don't work :( Top three do though.

Thought my aerial was on the rear side window?

Hopefully an inspection with a magnifying glass and some silver loaded paint will fettle it.

Yes your aerial is on the side window. i woudl imagine they need a little touch up, or just check the main connection :)

Yep as Adam said it only takes the smallest of scratches to break the circuit on heated demisters