What's new

Rear windows anti pinch mechanism

DazTheMe

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i Dtec
Hi,

So the other day I noticed when I auto up my rear windows the pinch mechanism kicks in at the the top and comes back down abit of the way then settles. I can get the windows up if I'm very gentle and quick on the switches but it's not ideal.

I looked up that there is a relearn process for the windows however can't find any information as to if you need software or can do it by the switches for the 8th gen accord? Has anyone experienced this before?

Both rear windows do it identically.

I've never had to do it, so can't really offer any advice, but if you've not got access to HDS it goes something like this...

NOTE: Do each bullet in Step 4 within 5 seconds of each other.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).

2. Move the appropriate power window all the way down by using the DOWN switch of the power window master switch.

3. Open the driver's door.

4. Do the following three times before going to Step 5 :
*Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
*Push and hold the DOWN switch of the power window master switch.
*Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
*Release the DOWN switch of the power window master switch.

5. Confirm that AUTO UP no longer works. If AUTO UP still works, go back to Step 1 .

6. Move the appropriate power window all the way down using the appropriate power window DOWN switch.

7. Pull up and hold the appropriate power window UP switch until the power window is all the way up, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.

8. Confirm that the power window control unit is reset by using the power window AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN function. If the power window still does not work in AUTO, repeat the procedure several times, paying close attention to the 5 second time limit between steps.

Brilliant, this does work. Had a panic moment from when I did the steps the back window didn't go up at all. But it did from its own door (instead of master switch), held that up for a few seconds and all back to normal. Had to repeat for other window. Thanks a million :)