What's new

Recaro's?

if you have the genuine rails then all recaros should just bolt on with 4 bolts

Yes I got the oem seats with half leather.... So they just bolt straight on?

Anyone don't it on here?

you will need genuine recaro rails with the CL fitment, the OEM rails do not detach from the seat i dont think and also do not fit Recaros. Also the OEM seats have airbags in them, Recaros do not, so your SRS light will come on and you will need to find a way to bypass this otherwise your airbags wont deploy in an accident (also i think is now an MOT failure?). I dont think its worth the effort and cost, probably better off just buying a DC2 lol. Or if you need the space, save up for a CL7 as that probably has in-built upgrades such as bracing from factory and has a K20 with a better VTEC range so is more of a 'sporty' drive to actually justify having Recaros! :) but either way it has been done as i remember someone welding stuff together to make a set of rails which fitted. It may be worth investigating whether FN2 seats are a direct fitment as this could be easier and also relatively sporty! let us know how you get on if you decide to go ahead ;)

you will need genuine recaro rails with the CL fitment, the OEM rails do not detach from the seat i dont think and also do not fit Recaros. Also the OEM seats have airbags in them, Recaros do not, so your SRS light will come on and you will need to find a way to bypass this otherwise your airbags wont deploy in an accident (also i think is now an MOT failure?). I dont think its worth the effort and cost, probably better off just buying a DC2 lol. Or if you need the space, save up for a CL7 as that probably has in-built upgrades such as bracing from factory and has a K20 with a better VTEC range so is more of a 'sporty' drive to actually justify having Recaros! :) but either way it has been done as i remember someone welding stuff together to make a set of rails which fitted. It may be worth investigating whether FN2 seats are a direct fitment as this could be easier and also relatively sporty! let us know how you get on if you decide to go ahead ;)

I have a DC5 already thought if it was not too much work i would put some ATR or evo recaro's in it, did think about getting a Euro R after this but it defects the purpose of me buying this as i wanted more comfort and the Type-S is cheap to insure too, and i love the torque the K24 has!

Might try to source some CL7 rails then....will be a mission!

in that case, just jump in the DC5 man, its a lot more fun than the CL9!! its been a while since i have been in a DC5 so maybe there is a noticeable difference in low end torque but the k20 has real VTEC man!! :D I wish the k24 just had just a bit more revs :(

The CL7 Recaro Seats are the same as the ATR. Fantastic and very comfy on long journeys but I always found the static seat height to be annoying. I would stick with the OEM seats in the CL9 and avoid the hassle of the SRS light issue due to the side airbags.

The CL7 Recaro Seats are the same as the ATR. Fantastic and very comfy on long journeys but I always found the static seat height to be annoying. I would stick with the OEM seats in the CL9 and avoid the hassle of the SRS light issue due to the side airbags.
He has a point, the srs error