What's new

recent issues

theballboy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 accord cdti
I eventuallly went ahead and got myself a map by Fahad just last month which was very well handled, quick and an excellent price. However, I removed it last week after the clutch started slipping excessivly. I thought that the map had probably just idetified the problem that was going to arise anyway but over the last week since unistalling it it hasn't slipped at all. No matter I went ahead when I started noticeing the slippage and bought a genuine honda clutch kit as I expect it will prob start again soon enough? What do you think?

THing is the HFT has stopped working now. If I press the telephone button ... nothing. Maybe I need to try and reinstall the original map again.

Also the 19" alloys are being removed this week and sold as I have the originals but dont have the original nuts. Any idea where I can get a set for the stock 16" wheels or even what I pshould be looking for?

CHeers all

do a search on hft issues there are lots of info on this.as for the clutch its only a matter of time my advice is let a Honda dealer fit it like hh

The wheel nuts you can get from Honda. Try Holdcroft Honda they'll sort you out.
As for the HFT, remap or orginal map has nothing to do with it.

The clutch slipped because of the increased torque.

.as for the clutch its only a matter of time my advice is let a Honda dealer fit it like hh

Well I have the new clutch now in waiting, but as I live in N. Ireland HH is not really practical. The lead mechanic for honda in my local area will fit it for me. Gonna leave it a while anyway as its not slipping now. Pity really as it makes the map redundant at the mo. Will have a search then for the HFT issues to see if I can find anything. Maybe its a connection as it wont do anything.

GOnna phone my local honda to see if I can get stock alloy nuts for the original wheels

Eoghan, it's just the extra torque highlighting the already present weakness in your clutch - it does happen mate.

Just leave it mapped as you're having the clutch changed anyway and take it easy on the gears.

Yeah, I thought that was the case. Have unistalled the map at present though so gonna get a few more weeks or months outta it before getting sorted, then reinstall