What's new

Recommendations for new tailgate struts

xrblue

Reaction score
Car
Accord es GT touring
Hello
I need new tailgate struts for my mk8 accord tourer. There's quite a few different manufacturers, can anyone recommend which to buy.
Tia

I can’t recommend any but you’ve reminded me about mine. My left hand one sometimes makes a groaning noise, despite the operation being spot on. Honda part number in the link below (mine’s the electric one, #10), but there’s no way I’m paying >£200 for both sides.

Tailgate opener 74820tl4g32

Pretty sure mine are Stabilus lift-o-mat 408227, which rrp at about £40. Gonna check in the morning.

The Stabilus website is really crap, but after much searching it looks like the part number above is correct.

7CD3Cvq.png

Honda part # 74820-TL4-G31 / 74820-TL4-G32 = Stabilus # 408227

Just braved the cold to check mine and I've got 74820-TL4-G31 installed, which seem to be the original, now discontinued part. The replacement part number is 74820-TL4-G32. Maybe they redesigned the part at some point due to faults, but mine are the original September 2008 ones, so I'd probably stick with Stabilus as the only problem after 14 years is a bit of a groan. I've cleaned them down and lubed but that only works for about a week or so.

Autodoc have them for £33 each, Amazon £44, eBay £55, etc etc.

Do you have the auto opening Tail gate?

74820TL4G01 is the part number for mine, non auto opening.

Last edited:
I've ordered stabilus as that's what's already on the car, I guess stabilus is oem?